App does not sync unless I manually change a value in the google sheet

I have a google sheet that uses =GOOGLEFINANCE to pull data for stock tickers. When the google sheet gets an updated value for a particular stock, my app does not reflect the changes. For instance:

- Google sheet shows GOOG +1% (the currently correct value)

- Appsheet will show the last value that it had synced, for example GOOG +0.25%

- If I manually delete a row or enter data into a new cell in my google sheet, and then sync my App, it correct shows GOOG +1%

- 15 minutes later, if GOOG is at +2% in the google sheet, the app will still show "GOOG +1%", even after manually force-syncing inside the app

- If I edit the table and force sync, AppSheet will show GOOG +2%.

I am not sure what is causing this behavior, but I'm looking for a way to have AppSheet correctly update when data in the sheet changes. (Previously this functionality was working fine, let's say about a month ago -- I'm not sure what changed). 

These are my performance settings:

chadstonks_0-1715101208167.png

0 4 113
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there,

That's how AppSheet works, it is not live data from your spreadsheet, it only checks for new data on live formulas on each sync.

If you want the app to update with the data on a time schedule you can probably get that done with bots and/or app scripts.

If the user refreshes AppSheet manually, shouldn't it show the current data in the table? I swear it used to work this way?

Right now if you refresh the App, it still shows the old data, even though GoogleSheets has the new data in each cell. Surely AppSheet is supposed to reflect that?

I'm sorry I don't understand what that is supposed to mean. What are you saying?

Top Labels in this Space