Migration email back from outlook/ office365

I’m trying to unlink my Google Workspace email from Office365/Outlook. I want to return it to the Google Workspace platform. It’s proving quite difficult. Could use guidance please!!!

1 6 198
6 REPLIES 6

Hello jerrydoby_

I understand that you're having trouble unlinking your Google Workspace email from Office365/Outlook and want to return to the Google Workspace platform. I'm happy to help you with this process.

To better assist you, I need to understand your situation a bit better:

1. How did you connect your Google Workspace email to Office365/Outlook?

• Was it through IMAP/POP sync?
  • Did you use Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO)?
  • Or another method?

2. Have you already tried to unlink the email following the official instructions?

3. Do you have access to the Google Workspace or Office365 admin account?

• The admin may need to perform some additional steps to complete the unlinking process.

4. Have you already migrated your email data to Office365?

• If your data is still in Gmail, the unlinking process will be simpler.
  • If your data is already in Office365, you'll need to consider how you want to migrate it back to Gmail.

Recommendations:

• Start with official support: Follow the official unlinking instructions for Google Workspace and Office365.
  • Check with your admin: If you can't unlink the email on your own, contact your Google Workspace or Office365 admin for help.
  • Consider migration tools: If your data is already in Office365, you can use third-party migration tools to move it back to Gmail.
  • Back up your data: Make sure to back up your email data before starting the unlinking process.

Additional resources:

Remember, unlinking your Google Workspace email from Office365/Outlook can be a complex process. Be patient and follow the instructions carefully. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Michael,

thank you. I linked the email via my godaddy account and outlook pretty much did the migration after I agreed to the steps. I’ve tried to reverse the action and even had help from a Google tech to no avail. I am the admin/owner of my work space account

@jerrydoby_ do you mean you want to migrate your email stored in 365 to Google Workspace?  If so then you need to use Google's Data Migration Service to migrate the mail from 365 into your workspace account - see:

If you mean you want your future emails to go to Google Workspace then you need to set your domain's MX records correctly in the DNS - see:

If neither of those help let us know your situation in  more depth and what you want to achieve.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the guidance. My site is on godaddy and the email platform they’ve partnered with. I moved my biz email from work space to 365 as a trial. My difficulty has been migrating it back to workspace. I had Google tech on the phone trying to assist, I tried the migration tool on the console but it hasn’t succeeded 

If you want to migrate from Office 365 to Google Workspace, then Gs Richcopy360, CloudFuze and Multi-Cloud are the best to do this job directly.

Thank you…I’ll dig into that