reCAPTCHA FAQs

Google Cloud | reCAPTCHA

Frequently Asked Questions

(for additional FAQs visit our support page!)

Nick_Troutini_0-1660834004672.png

Question:

Can I use reCAPTCHA Enterprise globally?

Answer:

Yes, please use www.recaptcha.net in your code in circumstances when www.google.com is not accessible.

Question:

Does reCAPTCHA Enterprise use cookies?

Answer:

reCAPTCHA Enterprise sets a necessary cookie (_GRECAPTCHA) when executed for the purpose of providing its risk analysis. If you prefer to not use the www.google.com domain which may have other cookies set, you can use www.recaptcha.net instead.

Question:

Can I customize the reCAPTCHA Enterprise widget or badge?

Answer:

Yes. reCAPTCHA Enterprise offers light and dark themes, as shown below. To choose a theme, set the data-theme attribute in the grecaptcha.enterprise.render parameter.

Light theme:

Nick_Troutini_1-1660834004682.png

Dark theme:

Nick_Troutini_2-1660834004700.png

Question:

How many domains can I add in the "verify domains" list in Google Cloud Console?

Answer:

With the Enterprise version, there is a limit of 250 domains per site key.

With the consumer version, there is a limit of 50 domains per site key.

Question:

I use a third-party plug-in / implementation that does not formally support reCAPTCHA Enterprise. Can I still use reCAPTCHA Enterprise?

Answer:

Yes, you can use reCAPTCHA Enterprise. Use the following steps:

1. Create a reCAPTCHA v2/v3 site key in the reCAPTCHA Admin Console.
  2. Migrate the site key to reCAPTCHA Enterprise by following the instructions in Quickstart: Migrating from reCAPTCHA.

Question:

I have a new team member, how do I get them access to Chronicle?

Answer:

Chronicle access is given via your SSO. Please contact your IDP to have your new team member added. Once access is via SSO please refer to our guide on logging in to Chronicle.

Question:

Does reCAPTCHA have general โ€˜How-Toโ€™ guides or documentation?

Answer:

Yes, all reCAPTCHAโ€™s โ€˜How-Toโ€™ guides can be found at this link.

Question:

Where can I access reCAPTCHAโ€™s Quickstart guides?

Answer:

There are several quickstart guides that are available that vary based on the implementation youโ€™re trying to achieve. Start with our general Quickstarts and go from there.

Question:

In the reCAPTCHA Enterprise Dashboard, what timezone is used? Can I change this?

Answer:

This timezone is based on the Client Timezone of your browser. This cannot be changed at this time.

Question:

How do I measure the quality of the scores reCAPTCHA Enterprise is returning?

Answer:

Ultimately, it depends on your use case and desired results. Generally, we recommend that you use your own internal metrics you have about user behavior to determine if the score was accurate, such as:

• Did a user that reset their password and received a high score later report that their account was hijacked?
  • Did a user that logged in with a low score proceed to spam others?
  • Did a user that failed to login and received a low score, then proceed to try and login to several different usernames?

Question:

Where can I access reCAPTCHAโ€™s latest release notes?

Answer:

You can check our reCAPTCHA Enterprise pricing page for an updated pricing table and even reach out to sales for a custom quote.

Question:

I would like more details on reCAPTCHAโ€™s enterprise pricing, where can I find that?

Answer:

You can check our reCAPTCHA Enterprise release notes page for announcements about new or updated features, bug fixes, known issues, and depreciated functionality at any time.

Question:

I am curious about general Google Cloud costs, is there information about that?

Answer:

For complete information, use the Google Cloud Platform Pricing Calculator to estimate those separate costs based on current rates.

1 2 1,692
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Need to ask if we need to add more than 250  domains in the list of Enterprise version what we need to do how we can add like 4000 not 250 

Hi @Nick_Troutini ,

Can I add a new owner to the reCAPTCHA Enterprise key?
I would like to share for team members to view the report from Google reCAPTCHA v3.

Thank you,
Hoang