expression to auto calculate current age ?...

expression to auto calculate current age ?

0 25 4,257
25 REPLIES 25

YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR([Date of Birth])

yes i did that but i get age 1 year elder

not happening. any example PLZ@Bellave_Jayaram

Sorry, donโ€™t have any example - I take back what I said about doing it directly as app formula in the AGE column. You

will need a VC since you need to compare TODAY() with a Date datatype.

Can i use this IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH(Birthdate),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(Birthdate),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(Birthdate)),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate))-1))

found it on googleโ€ฆ can i use if expression with number valueโ€ฆ??

See this - plus.google.com - If anyone is looking for automatically calculate an age from a dateโ€ฆ heres โ€ฆ If anyone is looking for automatically calculate an age from a dateโ€ฆ heres โ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Bellave_Jayaram Oh yea, that is a kickass post right there!

Got it working like a charm! I actually made all choices for month, day, and year into enum buttons to eliminate any typo errors. Sweet!

trying to search to match right age as per age this year before โ€œbirth dayโ€

@Bellave_Jayaram

trying to search to match right age as per age this year before โ€œbirth dayโ€

@Bellave_Jayaram

I also tried This =(YEAR(TODAY()) - YEAR([D.O.B])) - (MONTH(TODAY()) - MONTH([D.O.B]))

but this gives me age 2 years Elder

suppose the DOB is โ€œ02/02/1990โ€ the age now is 27, but with

YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR([Date of Birth]) this expression it gives me output as โ€œ28โ€

where in 28 gets completed on 02/02/2018. @Bellave_Jayaram

Make a VC for birthday this year and compare TODAY() with that Date. Use a formula for your VC and set it to Date datatype. Something like =CONCATENATE(MONTH([Date]),"/",DAY([Date]),"/",YEAR(TODAY())) Then use an IF formula to subtract or add 1 as needed.

okay will try

i want to enter a right AGE of person in Age column how will VC help me. any example can u display โ€ฆ

You can either do the age calculation in the VC and set the AGE app formula as [VC] so it will get written to the sheet OR you could put the app formula directly in the AGE column.

so i tried to put a formula in the excel document i had my program linked to so that whenever i put in a new date of birth it would calculate the age. Didnt work, and for some reason it would recalculate every row to the same value no matter what change i synced.
I couldnt quite figure out using a dummy virtual column which is what i assume u meant by VC. BUT i found keeping the values in the excel without formulae in the sheet and instead using the formula below in the Data - Collumns - Age - Auto Compute - App Formula it worked like a charm. but of course doesnt allow user input and only calculates on sync. But that works for me. so thanks for the thread, even if it was a couple years ago
(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR([D.O.B]))+((MONTH(TODAY()) - MONTH([D.O.B]))/12)

doesnยดt work if birthday hasnยดt passed

This?

(hour(today() - "1/2/1961") / 24 / 365)

thanks, Iยดll try itโ€ฆ
for now I found a work around using weeknumberโ€ฆ itยดs going to be unprecise but just one week a year!

IF(WEEKNUM(NOW()) > WEEKNUM([Birthday]),YEAR(NOW())-YEAR([Birthday]);YEAR(NOW())-YEAR([Birthday])-1)

thank you again, yours is way more elegant and precise!!

I am not quiet sure but I think dividing by 365.25 should work even better (Leap year)

(hour(today() - "1/2/1961") / 24 / 365.25)

Does anyone know the formula to calculate the next birthdate?

Maybe it's too late, but I have another solution, perhaps someone need it for the future..

I'm using this appformula in my VC :

concatenate(if(and(month([DOB])<=month(today()),day([DOB])<=day(today())),year(today())-year([DOB]),year(today())-year([DOB])-1)," years old")

you can skip the concatenate section if you don't need it. 

This is my take:

YEAR([TODAY]) - YEAR([DoB]) -
IFS(
  MONTH([TODAY]) = MONTH([DoB]), IF(DAY([TODAY]) >= DAY([DoB]), 0, 1),
  MONTH([TODAY]) > MONTH([DOB]), 0,
)

FLOOR(
  HOUR(TODAY()-[DoB])/24/365.25
)
Top Labels in this Space