AI Generated Data Ownership: Can I publish data generated from Gemini API as a research dataset?

I'm collecting a unique dataset based on responses (text-generated content from Gemini) and I'm interested in open-sourcing it. Therefore, I have a question: am I allowed to share generated content from the Gemini 1.0 API?

2 REPLIES 2

You can view the use restrictions here in terms and services:

You may use API Clients for production use but Google may enforce rate limits. Any Services identified as "Preview" may not be used in production.

You may only access the Services (or make API Clients available to users) within an available region.

You may not use the Services to develop models that compete with Gemini API or Google AI Studio. You also may not attempt to extract or replicate the underlying models (e.g., parameter weights).

You will only use the Services directly or in connection with a service that you offer directly to end users, i.e., you will not use the Services (e.g., Gemini API) to power another application programming interface.

In addition to the "API Prohibitions" section in the API Terms, you must comply with our Prohibited Use Policy, which provides additional details about appropriate conduct when using the Services.

The Services include safety features to block harmful content, such as content that violates our Prohibited Use Policy. You may not attempt to bypass these protective measures or use content that violates the API Terms or these Additional Terms. You should only lower safety settings if necessary and appropriate for your use case. Applications with less restrictive safety settings may be subject to Google's review and approval.

You may not use the Services in clinical practice, to provide medical advice, or in any manner that is overseen by or requires clearance or approval from a medical device regulatory agency.

thank you @nceniza, for your answer. 
It was really hard for me to find a place where I can get the answer.

I believe the final answer is no, because of this:

You may not use the Services to develop models that compete with Gemini API or Google AI Studio. You also may not attempt to extract or replicate the underlying models (e.g., parameter weights).

We cannot guaranty that our dataset won't be utilized for competitive model improvements. Please correct me if I'm wrong.