AI for Google Education

I have been an educator for 10 years and have enjoyed utilizing the Google Education platform to help enhance my student learning.  I have recently been using some new AI tools to help streamline my work to help maintain a healthy work/life balance.  I think it would be amazing if AI capabilities could be integrated into the Google Education Platform to optimize lesson planning based on pacing guides and student data.

It takes regular classroom teachers an average of 4 hours a week to collaborate with their team to plan a weeks worth of lesson plans.  It takes a special education teacher an average of 6 hours a week depending on the size of their caseload.  We have access to amazing data tools on Google, but it takes a long time to analyze it and compare the data against a pacing guide to write a lesson plan.

Could an AI algorithm be integrated into Google Forms, Google Sheets, and Google Docs to help analyze the student data more efficiently and compare that data against a pacing guide?  Then it could generate a lesson plan suggestion based on the analyzed data.

A tool like this would improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the lesson planning process.  It would also help streamline the most time consuming task for educators.

4 1 92
1 REPLY 1

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tocie,

First off, thanks for the work you do as a classroom educator! I was in the classroom for a couple years teaching History, so I get it! You raise an excellent point about the potential of AI transforming education, specifically in the realm of lesson planning. 

I would encourage you to check out the Google for Education Pilot Program. This global program provides K12 and Higher Education schools and organizations early access to products and features across various Google tools to help inform the future of Google's products. Learn more

Once you've had an opportunity to read up on the program, you can express interest in the Google for Education Pilot Program's AI track to get started to get plugged into what's coming! 

Thanks for your interest!