Cannot create on-demand v3-8 in a queued manner

I'm trying to create on-demand TPU v3-8 in a queued maner with following command:

gcloud alpha compute tpus queued-resources create v3-test --zone europe-west4-a --accelerator-type v3-8 --node-id v3-8-1 --runtime-version tpu-vm-base

but it fails with error message saying that I got not enough reserved quota, which is odd because I'm trying to create on-demand one. Any help is appreciated!

-----

Background: I'm participating in the TRC program, which granted me free access to 5 on-demand v3-8 TPUs in europe-west4-a region. Because of high demand on TPU in that region, I can't create any TPU using `gcloud compute tpus tpu-vm create` command. So I'm trying to create it in a queued manner but still no luck.

0 1 261
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Quasar-Kim

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to our community.

I understand that you are having challenges creating an on-demand quota type for your TPU in europe-west4-a region. As you have mentioned, there is indeed a high demand of TPUs in the said region hence allocation of resources is not guaranteed. You can review this Queued resources user guide to learn more about queuing.

Here are options that you can try:

Sharing with you some usable references:

Hope this helps.