Custom payload is not (visibly) delivered

In the Dialogflow console I defined 2 responses to an intent, for the Google Chat channel.

The first is a simple Custom Payload:

{
  "simpleResponse": {
    "displayText": "Custom Payload for Google Chat"
  }
}

The second is a Text Response.

When I trigger the intent from Google Chat, only the Text Response is received as an answer. Please help me understand why this is. Thanks!

0 11 292
11 REPLIES 11

This is probably because you are mixing custom payload + simple response. You will need to use custom payload for that channel

No, If I have the custom payload as the only response, nothing visibly happens. I added the simple response as a second (below the c.p.), to see if the intent is triggered, which it is.

That is really weird,

It is my first time seeing this. Cannot help you with this unfortunately:(

Xavi

But How Now? @Roderick , should I post this as a bug? Can this be escalated to Google Cloud staff?

I am wondering if you are setting the payload properly with the correct format. CX It is quite "fragile" in that aspect I would say

I've pasted the code above. What else should I look at to determine if the payload is set properly?

Here's a screenshot of my settings in the Dialogflow console:

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 14.31.48.png 

All other settings are empty/default.

are you specifying the channel in all the response messages?

I'm using the ES Console. Afik you cannot specify the channel in the response message: you add a channel by clicking the +, which causes an extra tab to appear for that channel. You then enter the responses specific for that channel on the tab (see screenshot for reference).

However, I experimented a bit with the Custom Payload by changing "simpleResponse" to "hangouts" and "chat". In both cases this causes an error message in the Chat: 'Bot isn't responding'. Still, I don't know how to solve this issue.

Check this video: make sure that the platform is properly set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6W-YlWNp4

Xavi

Hi Xavi, thanks for your patience with me. This is exactly how I did it, except of course I'm not connecting to the Zoho channel API.

then I am not sure, I used all my bullets! so sorry