Error using models/chat-bison-001 with text in portuguese

I'm testing an application with node.js, using the library @Google-ai/generativelanguage with the models/chat-bison-001, and the query retrieve no response when I use the prompt in Portuguese.

If I write all in english, it works perfectly. But in portuguese, not.

Does anyone know if, right now, the API works just with english? Or maybe I'm comiting a mistake?

1 3 98
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Can you indicate the error message that you are encountering?

Thanks!

Currently, the @Google-ai/generativelanguage library may have limitations with non-English prompts, particularly in Portuguese. Ensure that the model you're using supports Portuguese prompts, and consider translating your prompts to English for better results until full multilingual support is available. Additionally, check the library documentation or reach out to the library maintainers for specific guidance on language support.

Hello,
I made a test with Google's node.js library and a simple prompt such as 'Que tarefas podem realizar o modelo "text-bison" do Google LLM PaLM 2?', using model chat-bison-001. Responses were always in English. Changing the model to a new one, chat-bison-002, solved the problem: "O modelo "text-bison" do Google LLM PaLM 2 pode realizar uma variedade de tarefas, etc...".

So, try to change the model and see what's happens.
Ciao