Error while testing the llama2-7b model deployment

Hi All, 

I am new to GCP Vertex AI, kindly excuse if the question is a simple one. 

I have deployed the llama2-7b (llama2-7B-chat-001) model through Model Garden using one-click deploy option.  

The model was successfully deployed, and mapped to an endpoint.  

I am able to successfully test in GCP as well as the curl example given in the sample request section.  

For example the input I used is    

{
  "instances": [
    {
      "prompt": "What is the sum of 1 and 2?"
    }
  ]
}

I have also tried the python example given in the sample request, however it does not seem like it is working for me.  

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/google/api_core/grpc_helpers.py", line 76, in error_remapped_callable
    return callable_(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 1176, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, None)
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 1005, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _InactiveRpcError(state)  # pytype: disable=not-instantiable
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
	status = StatusCode.NOT_FOUND
	details = "Endpoint `projects/xxxxxxxxx/locations/us-xxxx/endpoints/xxxxxxxxx` not found."
	debug_error_string = "UNKNOWN:Error received from peer ipv4:142.250.183.234:443 {created_time:"2024-03-15T21:00:37.001664909+05:30", grpc_status:5, grpc_message:"Endpoint `projects/xxxxxxxxx/locations/us-xxxx/endpoints/xxxxxxxxx` not found."}"
>

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kishor/GCP/prompt_002.py", line 66, in <module>
    predict_custom_trained_model_sample(
  File "/home/kishor/GCP/prompt_002.py", line 53, in predict_custom_trained_model_sample
    response = client.predict(
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/google/cloud/aiplatform_v1/services/prediction_service/client.py", line 836, in predict
    response = rpc(
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/google/api_core/gapic_v1/method.py", line 131, in __call__
    return wrapped_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/kishor/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/google/api_core/grpc_helpers.py", line 78, in error_remapped_callable
    raise exceptions.from_grpc_error(exc) from exc
google.api_core.exceptions.NotFound: 404 Endpoint `projects/xxxxxxxxx/locations/us-xxxx/endpoints/xxxxxxxxx` not found.

Can you please help me in identifying if I missed any steps ? 

Thank you,  

KK 

0 REPLIES 0