Feedback on Handwritten Document Parsing with Form Parser

During my recent usage of the Form Parser feature on a handwritten document, I encountered an issue with the extraction of the "last_name" field. Despite the field clearly containing the name "Trevor," Document AI extracted it as "revor." What's more surprising is that it provided a confidence score of 1 for this extraction.

I'm reaching out to inquire about the criteria or methodology used to distinguish between documents with good and bad handwriting. Understanding this basis will help in refining our approach to document processing.

Furthermore, I'm interested in whether these issues can be mitigated through model refinement or retraining. Could uptraining the model potentially address inaccuracies in extraction, especially in cases like the one mentioned above?

Screenshot 2024-03-21 192526.png 

1 1 90
1 REPLY 1

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @akahay,

Interesting case! Hopefully one of our experts will weigh in on this. In the meantime, here are some resources to check out on AI Handwriting Detection that might shed some light on the current limitations and some work arounds to achieve your goals. 

Document AI Specific Information