How can I use this specific voice? (English (en-gb-x-gbg-network)

welp

Goal: Given text, generate mp3 files using Google Cloud tts services

Problem: Unable to find specific voice I am used to hearing English (en-gb-x-gbg-network). 

Other info: I've been using this tts app on android in which I can select the aforementioned Voice Type from the Google TTS engine on android. I have since created a Google Cloud account, and followed the tutorial to setup a project to which I can use their selection of voices. However, when I went through the list of voice that I can use, the en-gb-x-gbg-network was not available to use. AFAIK, en-gb-x-gbg-network is not a premium WaveNet voice type. 

I suspect it has something to do with android but I can't not see why I can't use this voice on the Google Cloud Platform.

Many thanks for any helpful info or any nudge that can point me to the right direction

Cheers, 

Welp

0 1 995
1 REPLY 1

Hello Welp,

I will like to point you to this article[0] that highlights the supported voices and languages available in Cloud Text-to-Speech on GCP.

Apparently, while there are other en-gb voices supported, the en-gb-x-gbg-network is not supported at this time. This explains why you could not find this specific voice[en-gb-x-gbg-network] on your GCP project because it seems unsupported at this time.

Perhaps you can go through the supported voices and the samples provided on the link[0] to check for other alternatives?

[0]https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/voices