How to know the total words count of the character per month that I have translated?

I use the Cloud Translation - Basic API and I know the pricing for this basic API. But I do not know how many words have been translated by this API this month. Where to check this information? 

I searched Google Cloud > API/Service Details > Could Translation API > METRICS and QUOTAS and still did not find the information.

4 6 1,151
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Cindyyi ,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community.

You can visit the Google Cloud Console and look under the "APIs & Services" area to see how the Cloud Translation - Basic API is being used. Find the "Cloud Translation API" in the list of APIs by selecting "Dashboard" from there.

To view the API specifics, including usage data, click on the "Cloud Translation API". You ought to see a graph that displays your API usage throughout the chosen time frame. With the help of the dropdown menu above the chart, you can change the time period.

Click on the "Quotas" tab to get the Cloud Translation - Basic API's specific use information. You may view the current consumption for the chosen time period as well as the API quota limits there.

It should be noted that the Cloud Translation - Basic API counts the number of translated characters rather than words. The basic API has a monthly character cap of 500,000.

Hello! The way you have described gives to me opportunity to see only usage/quotas per day for "v2 and v3 general model characters", not per month... even if I choose 30 days on the "metrics" tab first and then go to the "quotas"

Hi, I noticed this question is nearly a year old. The comments here are correct. We need to understand characters translated for billing. Specifically where do we look to see how many characters have been translated for a specific credential (credential= API key).  I'd like to generate a report based on this data. How can Google charge customers based on characters, but not have a clear cut way for us to monitor what we are being invoiced.  Can someone answer the specific question being asked ("How do I see how many characters have been translated per month"). Please assume we know how to filter the dashboard. We don't know how to get this important metric.

Absolutely the same problem. I have no idea where I can find how many characters from 500k I can use free in this month

I also have the same problem - the translate API includes 500K per month, and bills at $20 / 1,000,000 characters. Where in the dashboard/console can I see the total numbers of characters that have been translated for a given period?

Since this comes up as a top result in a google search i'm responding in hopes of helping someone out there.

To see how many characters were translated in a month (or any given period), follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your google cloud.
  2. Go to APIs and Services dashboard and click on the Translate API (direct link below) - https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/api/translate.googleapis.com/quotas 
  3. Click on the Quotas tab
  4. On the line that says "v2 and v3 general model characters per day" look on the right side and you can see a "View Usage Graph" button. Click that!
  5. A new tab opens on the right side and there you can set a time window for the usage data. Click on 30 days for example, and add the numbers up. The usage is displayed per day.translation api usage.png