Retail API predict call saves the userEvent. It should NOT!

According to document, the userEvent sent as part of the predict body is not recorded.  https://cloud.google.com/retail/docs/predict#recommend

However, I noticed this was not TRUE.  Here is how to reproduce this

1. I used "FAKE_SESSION_ID_1" (literally) for making ten recommendation calls for ten skus.
  2. I used "FAKE_SESSION_ID_1" to make a recommendation call for another sku ( first time) and writes down the results
  3. Repeat step 2 but use "FAKE_SESSION_ID_2". The recommendation result is different from the one that uses "FAKE_SESSION_ID_1"

Because both "FAKE_SESSION_ID_1" and "FAKE_SESSION_ID_2" are never used before this experient.   The recommendation result for the same sku should be same or very similar.  But they diff a lot. 

0 1 162
1 REPLY 1

I reproduce this and it gives me similar results from what you say, so I decided to investigate this, and I found that this usually is not a great test of the prediction capabilities unless you use real, live data, but you can try this using sample data but it is possible that you get different results.

For using sample data to test prediction capabilities it is recommended to use the following demo.