Search : How to add facets to show on the search widget?

Hi

I have built the enterprise search for structured data using   Vertex AI Search and Conversation

In configuration step  on widget part , I  try setting facet  as figure shown in below But there is no the facet on search page., as my understanding, the page that contain the search widget  should show facet on the left hand side  in order for me to narrow downs search result.

pongthorn_0-1700829788719.png
pongthorn_1-1700829813326.png

Solved Solved
1 3 519
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @pongthorn have you found a solution in the meantime? Unfortunately I have the same problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ensure facets are properly defined within your data or search index. Facets are attributes or categories used for filtering search results (e.g., categories, tags, prices). Make sure that facets are enabled and set to display on the widget.

Verify that the widget layout/design includes a section or space dedicated to displaying facets. Sometimes, if the widget layout doesn't allow for facet display, they might not show up despite being configured. After making any changes in the configuration, refresh or update your search widget or application. Sometimes, changes may not reflect immediately and require a refresh or application restart to take effect.

If you've followed these steps and still encounter issues with facets not appearing, it might be beneficial to reach out to the support for Vertex AI Search and Conversation. They can provide tailored assistance based on the specifics of your setup and configuration.

Thank you for the beneficial pieces of advice.

I cross-check what you recommended thoroughly  , please help me review again bellows.  Perhaps I may overlook somethings  corresponding to  your reply.

I follow your quotes.

1#  "Ensure facets are properly defined within your data or search index. Facets are attributes or categories used for filtering search results (e.g., categories, tags, prices). Make sure that facets are enabled and set to display on the widget". 

There are 2 things to pay close attention  ,  Let 's see in below , I define brand and incident type as facet , Both are string type.    but your guide "Facets are attributes or categories"  is it correct ?       I think the string type is attribute.   I have no idea of how to define category type.

1.2 Once you 've defined any attributes as facets  , I suppose  that , the facet feature is  already enabled.

pongthorn_0-1701760944066.png

2. "Verify that the widget layout/design includes a section or space dedicated to displaying facets. Sometimes, if the widget layout doesn't allow for facet display, they might not show up despite being configure."

This step , There is no any guideline to follow according to google document.

Both links are the the most relevant to what I have been doing . I suppose.

https://cloud.google.com/generative-ai-app-builder/docs/configure-widget-facets 

https://cloud.google.com/generative-ai-app-builder/docs/add-widget 

There is only the one closest thing to how to modify widget layout/design includes a section or space  to display  facets in html page.

pongthorn_2-1701761691222.png

Lastly , if  there is  no any proper solution   , I need to  get some assistances from  Vertex AI Search and Conversation.

How can I reach out to this support?

thank you.

Hey @pongthorn have you found a solution in the meantime? Unfortunately I have the same problem