Setup API gateway to call vertex ai endpoint

Hi

i am working on a POC to call vertex ai endpoint via API Gateway, i am having issue writing api congif as per vertex ai specification.

Is there any other way i can make use of another secure layer before calling vertex ai endpoint from application?

1 REPLY 1

You can consider implementing a proxy service or a serverless function that acts as an intermediary between your application and the Vertex AI endpoint. This intermediary service can handle the API configuration, authentication, and any additional processing you require. Your proxy service function should be designed to accept incoming HTTP requests from your application.

Authenticate the incoming requests to ensure they are authorized to access the proxy service.
You might use API keys, OAuth tokens, or other authentication mechanisms for this purpose.
Verify that the requester has the necessary permissions to make requests to the proxy.

Choose Google Cloud Functions as a serverless function that will serve as your secure proxy service. Implement the proxy service logic in this function. This logic should include making a secure authenticated request to the Vertex AI endpoint on behalf of your application.

Here is a quickstart to get you familiarized with the service.