TPUv3 capacity in europe-west4

Hello,

I've been trying to provision a v3-32 TPU VM in europe-west4-a for about a week, but keep getting

```
code: 8
```

I wonder is anyone else seeing the same symptom, is there a capacity issue in the region? I am able to create v3-8 and v2-32 instances so hopefully my command is syntactically correct:

```
gcloud compute tpus tpu-vm create $VM_NAME --zone=europe-west4-a --accelerator-type=v3-32 --version=tpu-vm-base
```

Unfortunately I do not have access to v4 instances, and my workload did not work on v2 instances (tried on v2-32 but failed) so I do not have an alternative instance type to use

Solved Solved
1 2 384
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You're correct, that error message indicates that there is no capacity available in that zone. One option you could try is requesting your TPU as a queued resource. Queued resources allow you to receive capacity when it becomes available.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You're correct, that error message indicates that there is no capacity available in that zone. One option you could try is requesting your TPU as a queued resource. Queued resources allow you to receive capacity when it becomes available.

Ahh thank you very much for the response, I think with the start up script it may work for my use case 🙂

Umm one question - when the start up script finishes executing, would the TPU instance be released, or would it stay in place until I release it manually?

Also, I wonder would you ever add more v3 capacity to europe-west-4?

Umm or, is there a way for me to get access to v4 instances?