Translate service error - Unsupported language pair

Our application started to have some strange error from 25th of August which was working properly until today. Some very basic translation requests get the "Status(StatusCode="InvalidArgument", Detail="Unsupported language pair." error. For example the words "loan", "excellent", "wonderful" get the errors from service. I checked the release notes of the service but found nothing. Could you please help about the issue?

3 14 1,569
14 REPLIES 14

We get the same error for order numbers ABC123 for example will return "Unsupported language pair." But ABC1234 works, ABC12 works, ABC123 return error, ABC1233 return error.

Our company also has the same problem unfortunately, one of our internal tools basically cannot be used at all since yesterday.

We have a similar problem

code = InvalidArgument desc = Unsupported language pair.

We are having similar problems with specific language pairs.

We're having this issue since August, 24 at 01:07 AM.

Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Bad language pair: {0} [400]
Errors [
Message[Bad language pair: {0}] Location[ - ] Reason[badRequest] Domain[global]
]
at Google.Apis.Requests.ClientServiceRequest`1.ParseResponse(HttpResponseMessage response)
at Google.Apis.Requests.ClientServiceRequest`1.ExecuteAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Google.Cloud.Translation.V2.TranslationClientImpl.TranslateHtmlAsync(IEnumerable`1 htmlItems, String targetLanguage, String sourceLanguage, Nullable`1 model, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 

Has this been corrected?

I believe so, I tested yesterday and had no issues.

The same error!

Example of translated text: "Масло MITASU 5W30 PLATINUM PAO SN Dexos2 1L"

Translation to Romanian from autodetect using NeuralMachineTranslation.

if the word "PAO" is removed, it translate ok.

It has been fixed. Thanks

Issue still exist for English to Romanian translation. appreciate any thoughts.

Unfortunately we started to get same exception (Unsupported language pair.)  with the following inputs while translating to English (en-US) Is there any new deployment to the service? Could you please check?

Some Sample Problematic Inputs : "Ok" , "1000", "wonderful"  

Unclear if it's related, but a well known Trados plug-in for Google AutoML machine translation engine is also failing with the same error and this is also new.  See https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/f/rws-appstore/43110/mt-enhan....   This is with V3 Advanced API, but looks like what is reported her is happening with V2 Basic API.

We found a solution for this issue.

For OpenSay, when we used Cloud Translation's REST API's analyzeText method with an English content and a target language type 'en-US' it failed with "Unsupported language pair.". 

It took some tinkering, but eventually we changed the 'en-US' to 'en' and it worked.

My Translate.How  app working good. Some times i have getting api errors in v2.