Use of your data for product improvement purposes in the Google Gemini API (HELP)

Good afternoon people!
I'm building an API to communicate with a system at my company to help generate code for unit tests, but I'm worried about issues involving the use of data from my corporation in Google's product improvement service. Searching Gemini he gave me this guidance to disable this feature:

"To disable the use of your data for product improvement purposes in the Google Gemini API, follow these steps:
Go to the Google Gemini API settings page.
In the "Privacy and security" section, uncheck the "Use my data for product improvement purposes" checkbox.
Click "Save".
Your data will no longer be used for product improvement purposes."

However, when following this guidance I did not find this option. Has anyone been through this and could help me?
1 REPLY 1

Hi @PhilipeRuiz

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to our community.

I believe there are no publicly available option to opt out from data usage as it is necessary for the API's knowledge base and improvement, but please do note that Google make sure to strictly uphold data privacy and assures that information is used for product improvement only.

To understand this better, here are some citations and references to boost your confidence with the Gemini's data privacy.

To help with quality and improve our products, human reviewers may read, annotate, and process your API input and output. Google takes steps to protect your privacy as part of this process. This includes disconnecting this data from your Google Account and API key before reviewers see or annotate it. Do not submit sensitive, confidential, or personal information to the Services.

What data is collected
When you interact with Gemini Apps, Google collects your:

• Conversations
  • Usage information

When Gemini is your mobile assistant, Google processes additional information to understand and respond to you and give you hands-free help.

For more details, read the Google Privacy Policy and the Gemini Apps Privacy Notice.

How Google uses this data
This data helps us provide, improve, and develop Google products, services, and machine-learning technologies, like those that power Gemini Apps. For more details, read the Google Privacy Policy and the Gemini Apps Privacy Notice.

Here are a few examples:

• Gemini Apps use your past conversations, location, and related info to generate a response.
  • We review your feedback and use it to help make Gemini Apps safer. We also use it to help reduce common problems with large language models.

You can learn about how we keep your data private, safe, and secure in Google’s privacy principles.

I hope this will be of assistance to you.