Anthos Service Mesh dashboard not showing services

Hi,

I provisioned the Anthos Service Mesh using the instructions of this doc: 

https://cloud.google.com/service-mesh/docs/managed/provision-managed-anthos-service-mesh  

It was used the Fleet API to provision the managed ASM, but nothing is shown in the ASM dashboard:

brunosilva_0-1688068479713.png

brunosilva_1-1688068479715.png

The cluster is properly registered to the fleet and the ASM feature for the fleet is enabled and showing this message:

brunosilva_2-1688068479535.png

membershipStates:
  projects/hidden/locations/us-east1/memberships/sample-cluster:
    servicemesh:
      controlPlaneManagement:
        details:
        - code: REVISION_READY
          details: 'Ready: asm-managed'
        state: ACTIVE
      dataPlaneManagement:
        details:
        - code: OK
          details: Service is running.
    state:
      code: OK
      description: |-
        Revision(s) ready for use: asm-managed.
        All Canonical Services have been reconciled successfully.
      updateTime: '2023-06-29T19:44:32.435015950Z'
name: projects/hidden/locations/global/features/servicemesh
resourceState:

What am I missing here?

I appreciate any help.

Solved Solved
1 4 879
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Bruno,

It seems that you have successfully registered your cluster and enabled the ASM feature for the fleet. However, the ASM dashboard may not display any information until you have deployed HTTP(S)/gRPC services into the cluster.

To check if the services appear in the dashboard, you can try deploying some sample services. You can follow the instructions provided in the following documentation: Deploying Services with Anthos Service Mesh.

If your services still don't appear in the dashboard, there could be an issue with the Kubernetes service configuration in your cluster. I recommend verifying that the Kubernetes service configuration exists and is properly set up. You can find more information on troubleshooting this specific issue in the documentation: Troubleshooting Observability: Services Dashboard is Missing a Service.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Bruno,

It seems that you have successfully registered your cluster and enabled the ASM feature for the fleet. However, the ASM dashboard may not display any information until you have deployed HTTP(S)/gRPC services into the cluster.

To check if the services appear in the dashboard, you can try deploying some sample services. You can follow the instructions provided in the following documentation: Deploying Services with Anthos Service Mesh.

If your services still don't appear in the dashboard, there could be an issue with the Kubernetes service configuration in your cluster. I recommend verifying that the Kubernetes service configuration exists and is properly set up. You can find more information on troubleshooting this specific issue in the documentation: Troubleshooting Observability: Services Dashboard is Missing a Service.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Hi @devenes, thank you for your help.

It worked after some testing with the boutique online demo application.

My pleasure, @brunosilva! The Online Boutique sample application is incredibly helpful!

Hey @brunosilva / @devenes , I'm facing the same issue. Could you please provide some more information on how to resolve it?

My setup is very similar to the screenshots you attached and I've also deployed the Online Boutique application. I've verified that the sidecar injection was done, however, I'm still not able to see the services appear in the Service Mesh tab of Anthos.

Top Labels in this Space