4.51 - OPDK - keystore listing bug -- USE API

4.51 - OPDK - keystore listing bug -- USE API

Audience:   DEVOPS/SRE

Issue:    GUI will not display certs, however API calls shows all certs attached to the keystore.    This bug/feature has existed since 4.19 (maybe earlier)  

opdk-4.51-keystorelist.png

Resolution:   Please use MGMT api calls to view certs.

api call - aha!  we have certsapi call - aha! we have certs

Solved Solved
0 1 99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yes, as you say, this is a known limitation in the OPDK offering.  There's an internal bug reference attached to this: b/158988725 .

As you probably know, over the past few years, the Apigee engineering team has pivoted its engineering investment away from forward development in OPDK, and towards forward development in the X/hybrid architecture. OPDK gets smaller updates, mostly maintenance items or smaller features focused on security improvements. 

Your particular request is related to security.  But over the years the eng team has deferred this request multiple times due to prioritization against other security-related requests.

Looking forward, I can't make any commitments that the engineering team will commit to building this enhancement.  I'm sorry, I realize this must be frustrating. The UI feature you're describing seems relatively small, and one might think that would make it easy for Apigee to just implement it.   But ... there's a PM and tech lead who manage the prioritization of engineering work, based on multiple criteria that are outside of my purview. 

If this feature is important to you, I would say your best bet is to log a ticket with Apigee support, specifically asking  to escalate prioritization for  this ticket on OPDK.  You can also connect with your Apigee customer success team to ask for escalation of this request. 

As a last resort, you might want to take it into your own hands to produce a tampermonkey script that implements the capability you want, for yourself. It should be relatively easy for just this small case.  I don't have any guidance on how you should do that, and of course any TM script you build would be something you'd have to support yourself. But it could be a way for you to  provide yourself a stop-gap fix if the feature is really important to you. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

yes, as you say, this is a known limitation in the OPDK offering.  There's an internal bug reference attached to this: b/158988725 .

As you probably know, over the past few years, the Apigee engineering team has pivoted its engineering investment away from forward development in OPDK, and towards forward development in the X/hybrid architecture. OPDK gets smaller updates, mostly maintenance items or smaller features focused on security improvements. 

Your particular request is related to security.  But over the years the eng team has deferred this request multiple times due to prioritization against other security-related requests.

Looking forward, I can't make any commitments that the engineering team will commit to building this enhancement.  I'm sorry, I realize this must be frustrating. The UI feature you're describing seems relatively small, and one might think that would make it easy for Apigee to just implement it.   But ... there's a PM and tech lead who manage the prioritization of engineering work, based on multiple criteria that are outside of my purview. 

If this feature is important to you, I would say your best bet is to log a ticket with Apigee support, specifically asking  to escalate prioritization for  this ticket on OPDK.  You can also connect with your Apigee customer success team to ask for escalation of this request. 

As a last resort, you might want to take it into your own hands to produce a tampermonkey script that implements the capability you want, for yourself. It should be relatively easy for just this small case.  I don't have any guidance on how you should do that, and of course any TM script you build would be something you'd have to support yourself. But it could be a way for you to  provide yourself a stop-gap fix if the feature is really important to you.