Apigee mTLS Installation with Custom Certificates

I am trying to install the mTLS for Apigee Edge with custom topology (7 nodes) and following the documentation below, 

https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/v4.52.00/mtls-certs-sign

I was unclear on the point where we want to specify the below params,

• CA_PUBLIC_CERT is the path to your Certificate Authority's public key.
  • CA_PRIVATE_KEY is the path to your Certificate Authority's private key.
  1. Can someone clarify what are these params or how do I obtain the two params CA_PUBLIC_CERT, CA_PRIVATE_KEY 
  2. Will this be one public and private key for all the 7 nodes (our custom topology) or will this be specific to each node and get a 7 different ones ? 

Would you be able to help @dchiesa1 @ssvaidyanathan 

Solved Solved
1 1 164
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@johnwilliams - 

1) Thats the cert/key you get from your CA to get it signed

2) Should be the same key as mentioned in the docs. The command will generate few pem files. You will then pass that in the next step

If you are having trouble with the steps, I would recommend you to open a support ticket and one of the Support Engineer can walk through the steps. You should also contact your certificate management team and get the public/private which is used for this setup

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@johnwilliams - 

1) Thats the cert/key you get from your CA to get it signed

2) Should be the same key as mentioned in the docs. The command will generate few pem files. You will then pass that in the next step

If you are having trouble with the steps, I would recommend you to open a support ticket and one of the Support Engineer can walk through the steps. You should also contact your certificate management team and get the public/private which is used for this setup