Custom Reports using the Statistics Collector policy

Not applicable

We are looking into exploring the "Analyze API message using custom analytics". One thing that I am trying to understand is the statistics collector policy. Two things that I need some help on:

- Extracting variables policy (watched the yahoo weather demo but since yahoo weather api is not available now, its hard to understand without practicing it). We have been experimenting with the Hotels Api. I tried to extract uuid from the GET response of "Find all hotels" and inject it in the GET request for "Get hotel by uuid" but I couldn't make it work.

- Then how do use the extracted variable to use the Statistics Collector policy to write data to the Analytics Service

0 8 729
8 REPLIES 8

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Not applicable

I have tried the Dev Jam lab4 but after adding the 2 policies (Extract Variables & Statistics Collector) when I try it for the first UUID it returns required response and 200 ok. I am still not able to see this:

You will see devjam_{your_initials}__city, as a dimension in a custom report, whereas devjam_{your_initials}_rating as a metric

anywhere when I go ahead and create a custom report

Hi Tariq, are you using a trial account?

Not applicable

I am not sure, we are currently doing a proof of concept exercise to explore apigee platform and validate all our requirements. I am under an organization but I believe its still a few weeks trial. How do I check that?

If you signed up on our enterprise portal and obtained an userid and password, then it is likely to be trial. Can you provide the organization and environment names and we can check this for you?

If you are indeed using a trial account, then we have documented that analytics using custom variables are disabled temporarily and we will be restoring this in the very near future.

@spadmanabhan , I believe @TariqGhalib team is evaluating our product. We understand that custom statistics feature is disabled for trial orgs, Just checking, is there a way to re-enable same for this particular org ..

@Srinandan Sridhar FYI...

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@TariqGhalib please try this on demo9 (the paid org I provisioned for you) if out are trying this on demo9, then I can help debug the issue

@spadmanabha @Srinandan SridharI am able to solve the issue and make it work under demo9 organization. One related issue that I need to report is that after adding the policies (extract variables & statistics collector) I don't see the custom dimensions and metrics in the custom reports drop down selections right away. Sometimes it appears after few minutes but other times I had to wait for hours for it to appear.