Develop custom Angular6 based Developer Portal using APIgee Management APIs

Not applicable

I am trying to create Angular 6 based Developer Portal (hosted on my own environment) and want to consume API Portal Management APIs from there. APIgee APIs are giving me error response due to CORS Header. Is there a way to build custom in house Developer Portal by consuming APIgee APIs.

0 3 585
3 REPLIES 3

Sure it is possible to build your own developer portal.

You have 2 options to get CORS working:

1. Add CORS responses to your Apigee APIs. You can use a shared flow to apply this to all your APIs, so you don't have to configure each one manually.

2. Use the SmartDocs proxy. This is part of your on-prem Edge setup, and should be something like

<edge-host>/smartdocs/v1/sendrequest

This proxy is already configured to handle CORS requests, and it will then forward the request to your real Apigee API endpoint. More info about the smartdocs proxy url on this page: https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/using-smartdocs-document-apis

Not applicable

@Karl Scheirer I am more interested in consuming Add Developer, Add App and Generate Consumer Key/Secret kind of operation (using APIgee Edge Management APIs) from my Custom Developer Portal besides hitting the Sandbox API Proxies. I have already created the shared flow for CORS Policy for my API Proxy and hence that part is working for me.

Hi Was any progress made on this. Any lessons learnt ?