Edge-UI reads and displays analytic data from PostgreSQL Master or Slave

Hi,

I have OPDK v4.19.01 setup in multiple DCs where have configured one postgresql as master and another as a slave.

Does Edge UI/Management Server reads and displays analytics data from postgresql with in the same DC irrespective of master or slave? or always fetches from master postgresql only even though it's in different DC? If master only, how does Management Server knows about it?

Thanks,

Feroz

0 5 254
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

it takes from the slave by default. but if the slave is down it takes from the master.

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena, Have brought down both slave (in same DC) and master (other DC) nodes but still I could see analytics data on Edge UI instead of getting no data to be displayed message. Wondering how it's getting fetched.

As I said, if the slave is down the analytics will be taken from master. and its doing the same as expected.

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena, looks like you didn't read my comment properly. I have brought both slave and master nodes down but still I could see the analytics. Have restarted Edge UI & Management Server nodes and now I am able to get the "No Data to Show" message for Hour/Week/Custom views but not Day. Looks like MS component restart is required to point to the correct Postgresql node (slave/master) for fetching the analytics.

Oh yes, my bad. I couldn't notice that. But regarding the error there is no requirement of the restart of the management node. I have seen in my case, whenever postgress components go down, I see that error. There could be a cache factor.

Can you do one thing, without restarting MS, try logging through incognito mode.