How do you monitor many APIs

I am using Apigee SaaS and I've got around 100 proxies (this number increases), and it seems my organisation is limited to 15 Alerts. 

I was trying to setup an Alert for a 500 Error code which we want to get notified. So I set the Alert to "ALL" and also looked into the Webhook documentation. But my Problem is I just get "ALL" and not the actual failing proxy reported on mail as well the webhook. I also tried to filter explicitly for some proxies, but also here I got ONLY the last one that caused the fail.

But for example in practice multiple proxies can fail at the same time. So for example the related teams need to be notified. So for Proxy1 belongs to Team A while Proxy2 belongs to Team B. 

How do you guys solve that? Are you using the API? Or do I miss something?

Just using Uptimerobot or StatusCake is not an Option because we need to know about increased 401 rate or 500 errors.

Thank you guys, Kind Regards Robert Hoppe

0 2 141
2 REPLIES 2

You could use collections to create a grouping of APIs, and then create an alert for each collection. I'm assuming each collection would correspond to a team as you've mentioned.

But my problem is still that I am limited to 15 Alerts and I've got more than 15 Teams.

So I need a way to figure out when Proxy XYZ is alerting, so I can take care of the notification of the team.

So the goal is, when 3 proxies fail at the same time, I am able to identify by code which one is failing. First approach as mentioned above was using the web hook because it indicates by the array of proxies that it should report more, but we get only one proxy.

Isn't there an API I could query for example every 5 min or so where I can get the proxies for example for Alert401, Alert500 I've created before?

On the Management UI I am able to identify which was alerting by the graph and I need exactly this data.