How to provide optional consent checkbox in Pantheon Legal module

Hi,

I'd like to add another checkbox to the account registration interface, where a user can optionally choose to give permission to be contacted, for various purposes.

In the Legal module of Pantheon, I can see that there is an option to add new check boxes, but these are implemented in such a way that the user must check the the box rather than allowing a user to indicate a preference.

Is there a way to implement a checkbox that it is not mandatory to check?

Kind regards,

Dave

0 2 75
2 REPLIES 2

Is this question regarding the user registration flow in the Drupal-based developer portal?

If so, yes, you can add custom fields.

Search the world for "custom checkbox field Drupal user registration"

here is one hint I found:

you can add new fields to existing registration form
go to configuration->account settings->manage fields
then add new fields like First Name and select checkbox which says "Display on user registration form"
Save it
now logout or try to register to website in different browser, you can see the extra fields in registration.

@Dino Thank you for your comment - I have been playing around with the creation of the a custom field. While it does much of what I want, the one thing that this lacks as far as I can tell is the ability to add a timestamp as to when that checkbox set and or changed, which is one of the features of the legal module.

This would be one of the key features that I would want to have, in order to be able to track when consent is given or withdrawn.