Introducing Apigee Pay-as-you-go pricing

Hi Apigee Community!

We’re excited to introduce Pay-as-you-go pricing for Apigee API Management.

Pay-as-you-go pricing enables customers to unlock Apigee’s API management capabilities while retaining the flexibility to manage their own costs and pay only for what they use. This is a good fit for customers who are starting small and ramping up, conducting experiments and proof of concept projects (POCs) to support a new business case, and/or managing variable workloads that burst or are  unpredictable. 

Google offers Pay-as-you-go as a complement to Apigee API Management pre-paid subscription plans, which enable customers, via flexible subscription tiers, to leverage specific resources (e.g. API calls, environments, organizations, etc.) for predictable recurring fees. These subscriptions typically involve multi-year commitment supporting customers with predictable API call volumes.

Pay-as-you-go or "consumption" pricing for Apigee API Management works similarly to other Google Cloud resources, like Cloud Run, Pub Sub, or Cloud Logging, allowing you to use the platform without any upfront commitment and paying only for usage.

As part of the Pay-as-you-go pricing model, you will only be charged based on your consumption of:

• Apigee gateway nodes: You will be charged on your API traffic based on the number of Apigee gateway nodes (a unit of environment that processes API traffic) used per minute. Any nodes that you provision would be charged every minute and billed for a minimum of one minute.
  • API analytics: You will be charged for the total number of API requests analyzed per month. API requests, whether they are successful or not, are processed by Apigee analytics. Analytics data is preserved for three months.
  • Networking usage: You will be charged on the networking (such as IP addresses, network egress, and load balancer forwarding rules etc.,) based on usage.

These Apigee charges will appear on your monthly GCP bill, and will be viewable on the billing dashboard. As you use Apigee under this model, there may be additional coincidental charges you'll incur. For example if you use Google Cloud Logging, you might see charges for that on your bill. 

To learn more, check out our blog announcement, Apigee API Management pricing, and FAQs.

Thanks! 

Questions? Please ask below!

14 8 4,614
8 REPLIES 8

Whoo-hoo, very cool Cam!

@cameronperon @dchiesa1 is there any limitation on the number of env I can have under one GCP project PAYG Apigee subscription i.e.  If a customer goes for PAYG model , under one project with 2gateway nodes set, can we run two environments under that? 

There is a max of 85 environments per Apigee organization, and 1,000 gateway nodes across all environments per region. Here is a detailed list of entitlements/limits for to the Pay-as-you-go offering.

Thanks @carlosrsantos , I was asking specifically about , would it be possible to use a 2 node gateway  for multiple environments or do we need two node per env? 

Thanks @carlosrsantos , thats exactly what i was looking for.  very helpful! 

Can you clarify what the costs/pricing is for provisioning and using only the Apigee API Hub within GCP with a new GCP Project? I'm struggling to find specifics even after reading:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Apigee/Apigee-API-hub-is-now-available-in-public-preview/m-p...

https://cloud.google.com/apigee/pricing?utm_source=apigee&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=FY22-Q3-ApigeeC... 

The way I understand things are that we only want to use the API Registry API (the underlying API powering API Hub) however to achieve this we needed to enable the API Hub within GCP first.

The pricing mostly refers to the Gateway which we're not using. 

API Hub is currently in Public Preview, and due to that, it is free of charge and open for all to use.

In the future when the product reaches general availability (GA), we will announce the official pricing and entitlements for PAYG and subscription customers, so please stay tuned.