Message Logging Policy

Hi All,

I am trying to setup syslog message logging policy and I have APIGEE eval account type. When I go to DEBUG and test, it doesn't send any logs to the destination. Here is the message logging policy - 

<MessageLogging name="LogToSyslog">
    <DisplayName>datadog-logging</DisplayName>
    <Syslog>
        <Message><YOUR API KEY> test</Message>
        <Host>intake.logs.datadoghq.com</Host>
        <Port>10516</Port>
        <Protocol>TCP</Protocol>
    </Syslog>
</MessageLogging>

Q: Is it possible to setup message logging policy in APIGEE Eval account?
Q: Is there any network setup I need to send logs to the destination using message logging policy?
Q: When I start a DEBUG session it doesn't show anything in transaction map. Do you know what could be the reason here? I am using the default test proxy - GIF

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mors.

0 1 208
1 REPLY 1

For MessageLogging to datadog, You can look here for a working configuration. You need the PayloadOnly element to connect the Apigee MessageLogging policy with the datadog intake endpoint. Also use SSLInfo to enable TLS. It will look like this:

<MessageLogging name="LogToSyslog">
    <Syslog>
        <Message><YOUR API KEY> test</Message>
        <Host>intake.logs.datadoghq.com</Host>
        <Port>10516</Port>
        <Protocol>TCP</Protocol>
        <PayloadOnly>true</PayloadOnly>
        <SSLInfo>
            <Enabled>true</Enabled>
        </SSLInfo>
    </Syslog>
</MessageLogging>

Q: Is it possible to setup message logging policy in APIGEE Eval account?

Yes.

Q: Is there any network setup I need to send logs to the destination using message logging policy?

No.

Q: When I start a DEBUG session it doesn't show anything in transaction map. Do you know what could be the reason here? I am using the default test proxy - GIF.

Possible reasons I can think of: you have tried to start a debug session before the proxy is fully deployed. OR, You are tracing a proxy which is not handling requests.