Message logging Policy will support ref or not

Hi @Dino-at-Google @Anil Sagar @ Google I have the below message logging policy configuration. In apigee if we are giving ref and value both it will take ref . But I tried with below config it will not taking ref . will ML policy accepts reference

<MessageLogging name="LogContent"> 
  <DisplayName>LogContent</DisplayName> 
  <Syslog> 
    <Message> "Apigee Edge- {messageid} {reqInContent}" </Message> 
    <Host ref="host">100</Host> 
    <Port ref="port">12</Port> 
    <Protocol>TCP</Protocol> 
    <SSLInfo> 
      <Enabled ref="ROUTING.target_ssl_enabled">ggg</Enabled> 
      <ClientAuthEnabled ref="ROUTING.target_ssl.client.auth.enabled">hhh</ClientAuthEnabled> 
      <KeyStore ref="ROUTING.target.ssl.key.store">hhhh</KeyStore> 
      <KeyAlias ref="ROUTING.target.ssl.key.alias">yyyy</KeyAlias> 
      <TrustStore ref="ROUTING.target.ssl.trust.store">uuuuu</TrustStore> 
    </SSLInfo> 
  </Syslog> 
</MessageLogging>

Thanks, Mathiniraiselvan S

0 1 161
1 REPLY 1

You need to be specific. The ref= attribute is commonly accepted on ELEMENTS within a policy. So it is not helpful or valuable to ask whether a policy will accept ref. The interesting question is, will an element accept ref? OR more generally, is there a way to specify dynamic values for specific elements?

The answers to these questions, and many others! Are all available to you in the lovely product documentation. It's actually much faster in most cases for people to read the fine documentation rather than asking a question here on community about information that is available in the fine documentation.

The short story: All of the SSLInfo elements accept text values that can include curly braces.

See here.

So you would need to use this syntax for SSLInfo

<SSLInfo> 
      <Enabled>{ROUTING.target_ssl_enabled}</Enabled>
      <ClientAuthEnabled>{ROUTING.target_ssl.client.auth.enabled}</ClientAuthEnabled> 
      <KeyStore>{ROUTING.target.ssl.key.store}</KeyStore> 
      <KeyAlias>{ROUTING.target.ssl.key.alias}</KeyAlias> 
      <TrustStore>{ROUTING.target.ssl.trust.store}</TrustStore> 
    </SSLInfo> 

I am not sure if that answers your question.