Proxy Creation error in Apigee X

I am trying to create and see the API proxy flows in GCP with Apigee X. When ever if try to add any proxy or try to modify the existing proxy "Hello-World" ,I get error on the portal.

error : "failed to import bundle".

Can someone suggest what is happening and what should be done.

Solved Solved
0 9 1,495
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Let's try to understand - and this is tricky debug mode I like for any web API app: 

Press F12 and go to NETWORK

Then, clear the lines there and check the PRESERVE LOG and DISABLE CACHE

then press the "CREATE"

Then, see the request to Apigee X API. Press on it, and see the response of the API 

You will see the error API returned, and maybe you will get more details 

Share the error with us

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi 

Sorry you're having trouble. 

I have seen "failed to import bundle" errors from Apigee X, also. 

Just FYI: a "bundle" refers to an API Proxy bundle, which is a .zip file that contains various XML files that define the API proxy endpoints, the target endpoints, the policies, and other resources uses within the proxy bundle. 

Usually when I get this error, there is some additional context information provided with the error, something that identifies the root cause of the failure. In my experience, importing a bundle can fail for a number of reasons:

• a flow in the proxy or target endpoint refers to a policy by name, but there is no policy configuration file for that policy name  
  • a policy refers to a resource that is not included in the proxy bundle
  • one of the required elements is missing
  • the  structure of the bundle .zip file is incorrect
  • a policy in the bundle has an incorrect configuration. For example, the VerifyJWT policy has an incorrect key configuration for the given algorithm.
  • some other error 

So maybe check to see if there is more context information explaining why the import failed. 

If that doesn't help, then can you provide to us, some additional detail regarding what you are doing to get the error you are reporting. Detail down to the specific screens you are seeing and using, the specific button clicks you are making.  Maybe you could attach screenshots or a screencast recording of the experience to help us better understand.  You wrote, "When ever if try to add any proxy or try to modify the existing proxy", and that's not enough information for me to understand exactly what you're doing that leads to the error.

Hello @dchiesa1 .

I am simply creating a proxy through "Create New Proxy" option by providing Name, Base Path, End Point URL. After doing all these and when I go to last window and click on "Create" ,I get this error .There is no  .zip which I am trying to import as bundle.

Even I am not able to attach the screenshot here. 

Let's try to understand - and this is tricky debug mode I like for any web API app: 

Press F12 and go to NETWORK

Then, clear the lines there and check the PRESERVE LOG and DISABLE CACHE

then press the "CREATE"

Then, see the request to Apigee X API. Press on it, and see the response of the API 

You will see the error API returned, and maybe you will get more details 

Share the error with us

Hi @Denis_KALITVI , Thanks for the suggestion. It helped and I was able to figure out the issue. Appreciate it.

Hi

Could you share what you learned? 

There are two reasons:

1. If you need to use browser devtools to figure out the error Apigee is encountering, that's not a good experience, and I'd like to get the team to fix that.
  2. If someone else comes to the forum with a similar problem, maybe your experience can help them. 

So please do share?

Hi @dchiesa1 , The error was 403: Forbidden and it happened due to Network restrictions which was not letting the communication happen with  server .And that's the error i saw when i debugged it in browser. Now after restrictions removed, I am able to create and run proxies.

Thanks,

Ok thanks for that. 
and how did you solve the 403 problem? 

Network restriction was specific to the system I was using due to my Organisation security rules. Now when I try it with my own System, I am not facing this Issue.  

Thanks for that explanation!