StatisticsCollector policy not storing variables from ExtractVariables policy

capture.png

I have an ExtractVariables policy that does the below before a Statistics Collector policy. Get some elements from a JSON payload and store them into variables

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ExtractVariables async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="ExtractVariables-Request-Statistics">
    <DisplayName>ExtractVariables-Request-Statistics</DisplayName>
    <Source clearPayload="false">request</Source>
    <VariablePrefix>labelRequest</VariablePrefix>
    <IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>true</IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>
    <QueryParam name="format">
        <Pattern ignoreCase="true">{labelFormat}</Pattern>
    </QueryParam>
    <JSONPayload>
        <Variable name="pickup">
            <JSONPath>$.pickup</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
        <Variable name="distributionCenter">
            <JSONPath>$.package.distributionCenter</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
        <Variable name="orderedProductId">
            <JSONPath>$.package.orderedProductId</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
    </JSONPayload>
</ExtractVariables>

And then the StatisticsCollector policy does this - move them to custom dimensions

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<StatisticsCollector async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="StatisticsCollector-Request">
    <DisplayName>StatisticsCollector-Request</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <Statistics>
        <Statistic name="pickup" ref="labelRequest.pickup" type="string">null</Statistic>
        <Statistic name="orderedProductId" ref="labelRequest.orderedProductId" type="string">null</Statistic>
        <Statistic name="distributionCenter" ref="labelRequest.distributionCenter" type="string">null</Statistic>
        <Statistic name="labelformat" ref="labelRequest.labelFormat" type="string">null</Statistic>
    </Statistics>
</StatisticsCollector>

Seems like basic stuff..though I can see the custom dimensions in the report, there is no value being set for any of the variables yet..it has been more than 2 hours since the first request was made with these dimensions..

looking at the trace, it seems the ExtractVariables did work correctly as i can see the variable values being populated but those variables are not getting populated in the Stat Collector (see screenshot).

What am I doing wrong here?

0 6 258
6 REPLIES 6

9486-capture.png

and here's a screenshot of the custom report where i am trying to find these custom dimensions.

I figured it out..,.it is because there's another statistics collector policy running from a post proxy flow hook which is overriding the data i'm recording from the policy in my proxy.

the flow hook is a company wide one that does nothing other than sending the correlation-id to the logs.

my stats policy collects a lot more api-specific variables along with the correlation id.

is it possible to add the policy somewhere where it runs after a post proxy flow hook so i can write a overarching stats collector policy?

No. It is not possible to

• have more than one StatisticsCollector policy execute in a proxy
  • Override the post client flow . That’s the last attach point so you can’t place a stats collector “later”

Maybe try wrapping the policy in the postclien flow hook so that it runs conditionally?

@Dino-at-Google can you provide some more insight into how to achieve this?

"Wrapping the policy in the postclient flow hook so that it runs conditionally"

Is it possible to add a condition to a statistics collector policy?

@Dino-at-Google nvm..i answered that question myself.. I need to write those conditions in the shared flows that's being called in the flow hooks.

yes, correct.