When should I use an API console and when should I use smartdocs?

Not applicable

Seems like there are 2 different products for API documentation - the APIgee API consoles and API smartdocs - what is the difference, what should i Use?

Solved Solved
0 2 460
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

You use SmartDocs when using the Dev Portal product. Customers normally implement a Dev Portal when they expect to have a large number of Developers and Apps and need to manage the API keys for them.

API Consoles are an excellent way to share any API without the overhead of key management. If you don't have the need to coordinate Developers, Apps and API keys, it can also be an great way to document your API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

You use SmartDocs when using the Dev Portal product. Customers normally implement a Dev Portal when they expect to have a large number of Developers and Apps and need to manage the API keys for them.

API Consoles are an excellent way to share any API without the overhead of key management. If you don't have the need to coordinate Developers, Apps and API keys, it can also be an great way to document your API.

Not applicable

You can also embed an Apigee API console in your own portal. For example, here is a Twitter API console embedded on Twitter. To do this see the doc on this here: http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/...