Automated Bot Email to send PDF - Error Expression Invalid

Hi, i'm trying to automate sending PDF of a report from my AppSheet used for Inventory.

Below are the errors:

Error 1 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Expression '[Name]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Name'.

Error 2 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Expression '[Description]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Description'.

Error 3 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Expression '[Image]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Image'.

Error 4 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Expression '[Total Stock Available]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Total Stock Available'.

Error 5 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Expression '[Inventory Change Log]' is invalid due to: Unable to find column 'Inventory Change Log'.

Error 6 : 'Handle Daily event' task 'Daily Inventory Report' Attachment template. Start expression '[Inventory Change Log]' should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the 'Key' column of the referenced table.

I've triple checked and the Column names are correct, but it is not reading correct, can i know what is happening here that i'm doing wrongly. TIA.

AppSheet Error.png

Solved Solved
0 4 153
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, yep, that's definitely your problem then.

So, the desired output of the PDF is a list of all Items and their [total stocks available]?

You would need to use a START expression to iterate across all records in the Item Table.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961746-template-start-expressions

At its very simplest, this could just be:

<<START: Items[Item ID]>>  <<[name]>>  <<[total stock]>> <<END>>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Since it is a "Daily" report, perhaps you're running a "schedule" Event in your Bot? Schedule Events do not run in any specific record context. Can you share more details of the Bot and what you're trying to do?

Also, in the future, please try to post smaller screenshot images. It just takes more steps to see the small details in such a large screenshot.

Hi Marc, yes i'm running daily schedule. 

Basically i'm running the app sheet as an inventory management system.

Objective: Sending "Daily" email on the "Total Stocks Available" at a "Fixed Time" of the Day.

Noted on the screenshot size. Thanks for the help.

AppSheet Error 2.png

Ok, yep, that's definitely your problem then.

So, the desired output of the PDF is a list of all Items and their [total stocks available]?

You would need to use a START expression to iterate across all records in the Item Table.

At its very simplest, this could just be:

<<START: Items[Item ID]>>  <<[name]>>  <<[total stock]>> <<END>>

Yes you are right, a list of ALL [items] and [total stocks available]

For the START Expression to iterate across all records in the Item Table. 

Which section should i look at to be relevant, apology for the question as i'm not coding trained. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space