Bug encountered: Calendar view does not display periods correctly if they go over into the next day

Expected Behaviour:

If a booking starts at 18/07/2022, 08:00 pm and goes to 19/07/2022, 04:00:00 am then when you select "Week" for the Calendar view, you'd expect to see the line start at 08:00pm and go to midnight of that day.  On the next day you'd expect to see the line start at midnight and go to 04:00am and then stop.

Actual behaviour:

The week view doesn't show the booking scheduled in the day at all.  Instead it shows it at the top of the screen.  The timings seem to be ignored.

gefaila_2-1658158859229.png

The "Day" view displays similarly.

For schedules that fall entirely within the same day, the booking is displayed correctly

gefaila_3-1658158993034.png

1 4 202
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yep, this is just how it works.

I have now seen that the same happens for the Day view.  If a booking goes to 23:59 it displays in the day, if it goes to 00:01 the next day then the visual block disappears.

Could we sponsor a fix so that schedules that cross a midnight still get displayed in the Day view up to midnight?  It's going to cause confusion and we'd like to release the app for Funeral Directors to book crematoria.  They would be paying customers.

I'm sure that the current display algorithm would be undesirable for other customers.

I am unaware of a way for customers to "sponsor" a fix. Perhaps talk to your sales rep?

A possible workaround would be to put in place Automation that looks for events that span days and separates them into multiple adjacent events that stop and start on the day boundaries.

I have also encountered an issue, which I think is a bug because it works for one end of a date but not the other.

If you have an event that goes from for example, 01/01/2023 7:00pm to midnight of the 1st (we are forced by the app to determine as 02/01/2023 000:00:00), the calendar view faults and puts it at the top of the calendar thinking it's a spanning day. However, if you go from midnight of the 1st to 02/01/2023 8:00am then the event shows as the full day.

The behavior should be like Google Calendar and show the full width of the event from start to finish regardless of days. Or there should be a view config setting to allow for days to summarize at the top.

Top Labels in this Space