Link an appsheet table connected to a cloud database to a google sheets file

Hello!

I have 2 tables in an app created in appsheet. Table 1  has as a source a giogle sheets file, Table 2 is connected to a cloud database and shows data updates every day.

I need to fill a column from the google sheets  file with the data existing in a specific column from the table 2, in order to use this data in my app.

The reason is that we need to have data updated.

Could someone tell me if it possible and how it should be done?

Thank you!

Regards,

• Ruxandra
0 7 215
7 REPLIES 7

Couple of questions:

How does Table 1 know from which row in Table 2 to pull the updated information?

How frequently does this need to occur or should this be triggered by a data change in either Table 1 or Table 2?

Hello!

1. There is an common information, for both tables. 

2. Table 1 is a connection to a cloud database, this DB is automatically updated from an ERP.

Excuse me, table 2 is a connection to a database.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards!

Ruxandra

How are the database rows updated?

@Ruxandra wrote:

I need to fill a column from the google sheets  file with the data existing in a specific column from the table 2, in order to use this data in my app.

The reason is that we need to have data updated.

You can source data in the SAME app from BOTH datasources.  Users can interact with both table and update the data from either place.  There isn't a need to copy from the database into the Google sheet to accomplish this. 

However, in case there is more to this than the post implies, you can copy data from the database to Google.  To do so you would need to create a Scheduled automation process that can pick-up the data from the database, identify which row in Google it belongs to and write the value to the proper column in Google.

I hope this helps!

Hello!

Yes, there is more to this than the post implies; how about the "Scheduled automation process" , where should I create it, in the app?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ruxandra

@Ruxandra wrote:

where should I create it, in the app?

Yes, you would create this in the app as an automation and set the Event as Scheduled.

Here is an article about automation to help you get started:

AppSheet Automation: The Essentials

Thank you for your answer! Regards!

Ruxandra

Top Labels in this Space