enum validation in slice

Given an enum column E in a table T that has 'Allow other values' enabled.  My question is what to do about drop-down behaviour in a slice S of that table?  Let's say the enum has three pre-defined values and four more, that were added by the user.  I have tested edit and new in the slice and the table and noted the following:

1. Let's say the slice has only a single row with one of the pre-defined enum values.  Editing that row in the slice shows a drop-down for the enum containing only the pre-defined values from T[E] type details, and none of the user-defined values in the T[E] column values.  OK, maybe you could argue that makes sense because the user-defined values are not in the slice.  Personally, I'm not convinced that's reasonable anyway but...
  2. You might think you can get around the problem with a valid-if formula for T[E] such as SELECT(T[E], true, true) but this means you cannot add a new user-defined value in table T or slice S because it would be invalid so, apparently, Appsheet disables the 'new' link in the drop down.

Is there a way to get Appsheet to offer all enum values when editing (or adding) in a slice?

Solved Solved
0 3 151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Suggestion Values : SELECT(T[E], true, true)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Suggestion Values : SELECT(T[E], true, true)

That did the trick.  Thanks very much

Sorry for delay, got Post flooding detected

Welcome. !!!

Top Labels in this Space