hide side menu but enable search

appsheet search ss.jpg appsheet show changes reset changes ss.jpg

Hi, As you are aware, disabling the side menu also disables the search function.

However, this is not an useful method for my app.

1. My app does not use a side menu. However, I need a search function so that I may scan a QR code to view records.

2. If sidemenu are enabled, employees can reset queued data if they made a mistake and don't want the situation escalated by the management. How can the "show changes & reset queued data" view be disabled?

@Gil  @Steve @Arthur_Rallu @lizlynch @SkrOYC @Suvrutt_Gurjar @WillowMobileSys @dbaum 

edit: grammar is changed earlier. 

0 8 386
8 REPLIES 8

AFAIK, that's not possible. Others who have more experience with offline use cases may have more helpful advice.

Regardless, consider upvoting  Frustrated! The search feature is important and sh... - Google Cloud Community

Oops!  didn't notice you had the Feature Idea link as well.  I guess having one extra time won't hurt!! ๐Ÿ˜

That's actually frustrating for everyone, hope @preethamm and @lizlynch fix this asap as this is simple issue. 

There is a  Feature Idea requesting to split hiding/showing of these two features into their own settings.  Please upvote it!

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/Frustrated-The-search-feature-is-important-and...

What if we asked for this feature every day? I know it would be flooding the feature request page, Any further suggestions to give it priority? 

I guess you would need to ask yourself..."Why is this feature so much more important than any of the others requested?"

@comgen_technolo wrote:

What if we asked for this feature every day?

That's a good way to get yourself banned from the community.

Your poster will celebrate its birthday in 12 days, and this hasn't been resolved yet!

Top Labels in this Space