CPU Usage over committed

Hello,

I've C2 Standard 8  8VCPU (3 Year Committed Compute Instance) problem I am having is my CPU usage is going over like 10 CPU where as my commitment is 8 CPU, how can I limit my CPU to stay with in 8 CPU , each month I am getting huge bills from Google so it's not a cost savings for me , it's always surprise charge every month.

I am using Debian 10 Buster, I appreciate any help I can get.

0 10 485
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, Can you tell us more about your instance size and if you are using managed instance group?
if yes, during auto updates, the target surge in VMs exceed the maximum number of instances in the fleet. 
In such cases, you can setmaxSurge = 0 and maxUnavailable=1 or more. this will ensure you dont exceed your CUDs allocation using MIGs

If not, can you describing your deployment pattern (instance size, scaling rules, etc) that would be helpful. 

Hello, I am using 1, Instance i.e. c2-standard-8 (8 vCPU, 32 GB memory), I just need to lock it in so I don't go over my committed instance i.e. 8 VCPU. 

What you've mentioned above setmaxSurge = 0 and maxUnavailable=1, Where do I need to mention that, the setup I am using is just simple debian 10 buster .

Can you DM me? we can chat privately, i need more info. 
I can post the finding here once we resolve the issue. 

Sure

I did look everywhere in this portal, but didn't find a way to DM you, If you can send me a DM, I am sure, I will get a notification and I can respond @omkarsuram_ 

In Short, I am just looking to make sure that my committed instance doesn't use more than what's allotted to me, sometime it goes to 16 CPU and some time 20 CPU and some time 4CPU, I just dont wanted to go over 8CPU. It's just one instance using DEBIAN and there's no container it's just DEBIAN using NGINX and MYSQL

you Private Messaging seems to be disabled. 
Setting --> Preferences --> Private Messenger --> check "Turn on private messages"

That's All I see @omkarsuram_ 

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 1.00.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 12.59.59 PM.png

oh i see. .. No worries. 
Email me : omkarsuram@google.com

I can't guarantee SLA, but let's see what i can do for you. 

I just emailed you , thank yo soooooo much for helping me out

High CPU Usage over committed on your Windows computer, there are several steps you can take to resolve the issue. For a detailed solution with step-by-step instructions, you can visit this link: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-usage-by-antimalware-service-executable-msmpeng/.

Here is a summary of the steps you can follow to fix high CPU usage by Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe):

Verify that Windows Defender is up to date: Ensure that your Windows Defender definitions are updated to the latest version. You can do this by opening Windows Security, going to "Virus & threat protection," and clicking on "Check for updates."

Exclude certain files and folders: Exclude specific files and folders from being scanned by Windows Defender to reduce the CPU usage. This can be done by going to Windows Security, selecting "Virus & threat protection," and clicking on "Manage settings." Under "Exclusions," add the desired files or folders.

Limit CPU usage for Windows Defender: Set a maximum CPU usage limit for Windows Defender to prevent it from consuming excessive system resources. You can do this by opening the Windows Registry Editor, navigating to the appropriate location, and modifying the "ScanPolicies" value.

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot the issue by performing a clean boot, which helps identify if any third-party software is conflicting with Windows Defender. This involves disabling startup programs and services.

Use an alternative antivirus program: If the issue persists, you may consider using a different antivirus program that is compatible with your system.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the high CPU usage caused by Antimalware Service Executable (MsMpEng.exe) and restore normal system performance. For detailed instructions, please refer to the link provided above.