Good news for Associate Cloud Engineer certification holders

Hi everyone!

For those of you who are Associate Cloud Engineer certification holders, or who are interested in becoming a certified Associate Cloud Engineer, we have some exciting news to share! Effective October 1, 2022, the validity period of the Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer certification will be extended from two to three years. 

Individuals with an Associate Cloud Engineer will see their updated certification expiration date reflected on their Associate Cloud Engineer digital certificate within the next few days.

For more information about this change, please see our FAQ below:

FAQ

Why is the validity period of the Associate Cloud Engineer certification extending from two to three years?

The Google Cloud certification team reviewed the Associate Cloud Engineer job role and exam guide with subject matter experts. Google Cloud decided that a three-year validity period was appropriate for this certification. 

When is the extended validity period for the Associate Cloud Engineer certification  going into effect?

Effective October 1st, 2022, all new Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certifications with an effective date of October 1, 2022 will be valid for three years. In addition, individuals will now have a 90 day testing window (60 days before their certification expiration date and 30 days after) to sit for their recertification exam.

Who will be impacted by the validity period of the Associate Cloud Engineer extending from two to three years?

• Individuals who pass the ACE certification exam on or after October 1st, 2022 will earn an ACE certificate valid for three years.
  • Current ACE certification holders will receive an additional year validity on top of the existing two years.
  • Former ACE certification holders whose certifications expired between October 1st, 2021 thru September 30th, 2022 will also benefit from the new validity period by having their certifications extended by one year.

Is the extension of the certificate applicable to other Google Cloud certifications  as well? I have other certifications due for renewal.

No, we are only extending the validity period of the ACE exam. Currently:

1. The Google Cloud Digital Leader certification is valid for three years from the date certified.
  2. All Google Cloud Professional certifications are valid for two years from the date certified. 

How do I find my Associate Cloud Engineer expiration date?

Please refer to the directions on Accredible, Google Cloud’s digital certification platform. The email address with information regarding your ACE certification was sent by google-cloud-certification-support@google.com.

When will my Associate Cloud Engineer expiration date reflect the new changes?

Please allow 2-3 weeks for the changes to be fully reflected on your ACE certification in Accredible.

Will my series ID change when the expiration date is extended?

The series ID will remain the same.

I have more questions - how can I get support?

For more information, visit Google Cloud certification help center. Reach out directly to the Google Cloud certification support team by filling out a form here

Specific candidate use cases

My certification expired on Aug. 31, 2021. Can I still get an extension for one year?

No, unfortunately any ACE certification that expired on or before Sept. 30, 2021 will remain expired. 

My Associate Cloud Engineer certification expired before this policy change. Now what?

Former ACE certification holders whose certifications expired between October 1st, 2021 thru September 30th, 2022 will  benefit from the new period of validity by having their certifications extended by one year. The recertification eligibility period starts 60 days prior to your certification’s new expiration date. 

The Associate Cloud Engineer exam page includes resources to help prepare you in your certification preparation journey!

My Associate Cloud Engineer certification received the additional year extension but the new expiration date is soon approaching. Now what? 

The Google Cloud certification team has also extended the recertification testing window from 60 days to 90 days. This means that individuals now can sit for their recertification exam 60 days prior to their expiration date and 30 days after. The extension is meant to give certified candidates additional preparation time and greater flexibility in scheduling.

What determines the effective date of my certification? 

Your certification effective date is the date Google processes and notifies you of your official results. This may not be the day you attempted the exam and can be as many as 10 days after the date you attempted the exam.

I passed the Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification on or after October 1st but my expiration date reflects two years and not three. What should I do?

Please allow 2-3 weeks for the changes to be fully reflected on your ACE certification in Accredible. If after this time three years is not reflected, reach out directly to the Google Cloud certification support team by filling out a form here.

23 19 12.3K
19 REPLIES 19

ohhh, now we're curious.

I gave the recertification exam a week ago. My exam actually expires on Nov 4th. So, will I now get 3 years extended from this year?

Correct!

Hi, 

My Cert validity is from 12 Jun 2018 till 2 oct 2022. I renewed in between in 2020, hence the expiry was extended. Let me know if I need to retake now before 30 days from 2 Oct or will it be extended till 2 oct 2023?

Appreciate your guidance. 

That should be visible in your certification profile on Accredible, and also be seen in the confirmation email you got when you passed.

@Rajini Your Associate Cloud Engineer certification will now be valid until October 2, 2023

I was preparing for the Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) certification exam can anyone gives me tips this is my first exam and I am afraid of the exam 

This is my GCP profile  

any tips are pdf's etc, that help me a lot and thanks in advance

Hello @P_siva_sai ,

I am currently a volunteer mentor for the Google Africa Developer Scholarship Program (GADS 2022) for the GCP Cloud track and also certified as an Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE)

I can help share some tips which you might already know or not but would recommend. 

You have a very great Cloud Skill boost profile and good experience with hands-on labs and that's great. you have a good and practical understanding of various google cloud products firsthand. 

For your ACE exam preparations, 

1. A detailed exam guide is provided here. It outlines the different sections as a guide to the exam and what to cover.

2. You can use the Google Cloud documentation website here like a handbook. I believe it's essential to help you with updated information on different products and services as you learn about them.

3. There are online learning platforms that provide several hours of exam preparation videos and resources.  You can find this on Pluralsight and Coursera.  You can enroll for free on Coursera starting Oct 8.  

4. You can try your hands on Sample Questions provided by Google Cloud. They give you a sense of questions to expect during the exam. No one knows the exact percentage needed to pass the actual exam but it's good to aim at 70% and above. Trying the sample questions and having a good score will give you better confidence for the exam. 

I wish you success in your certification exam. 

Hi there, this is good news. But I never received the email about this from Accredible and my credential.net page still says expiry 26 November 2022. 

Is this delay expected, or should I be concerned?

Please allow 2-3 weeks for the changes to be fully reflected on your ACE certification in Accredible. If after this time three years is not reflected, reach out directly to the Google Cloud certification support team by filling out a form here.

My Cert validity is from 15 Dec 2020 till 15 Dec 2022. Let me know if I need to retake now before 30 days from 15 Dec 2022 or will it be extended till 15 Dec 2023?

Hi @Piter Thanks for your question. Your certification will remain active until the December issue date in the year 2023.

In how many days will receive credits to complete  quests and labs for Associate Cloud Engineer certification Quiz.

My expiration date used to be 28 Oct 2022. Now is 28 Oct 2023! Thank you! 😊

--
Best regards
David Regalado
Web | Linkedin | Twitter

Good news

This is great news

Excellent news, I took my exam in January 2022, I reviewed my certificate and now I have 1 more year to the expiration date, the extension is appreciated

hello i completed my Google ACE certification exam on 14 dec 2022 till now i didnt recieve final results to mail so please help me

I am lucky to get certified as Associate Cloud Engineer on Jan 1 2023. Thank you.