Bigquery Quota Exceeded

Hi,

I’m getting a “Quota exceeded: Your table exceeded quota for imports or query appends per table.” error while loading a file from google storage to BigQuery but I can’t find where I exceeded any of the limits.

I’m using the PHP sdk with the method loadFromStorage as you can see here:

$bigQueryClient = $this->getClient();$dataSetRef = $bigQueryClient->dataset($dataset);$table = $dataSetRef->table($tableName);$uri = ‘gs://storage’ . $fileName;
$loadConfig = $table->loadFromStorage($uri)->sourceFormat(‘NEWLINE_DELIMITED_JSON’);$job = $bigQueryClient->runJob($loadConfig);// poll the job until it is complete
$backoff = new ExponentialBackoff(10);
$backoff->execute(function () use ($job) {
    print(‘Waiting for job to complete’ . PHP_EOL);
    $job->reload();
    if (!$job->isComplete()) {
        throw new Exception(‘Job has not yet completed’, 500);
    }
});

In the quotas interface, It doesn’t say that I exceeded anything, and we couldn't find any value that justifies reaching any quota when executing the query that is recommended here (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/troubleshoot-quotas) :

SELECT
  statement_type,
  count(*)
FROM `region-eu`.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.JOBS_BY_PROJECT
WHERE creation_time BETWEEN “2022-05-20 00:00:00" AND “2022-05-20 19:00:00”
AND destination_table.project_id = “project”
AND destination_table.dataset_id = “dataset”
AND destination_table.table_id = “events”
group by statement_type
ORDER BY 1 DESC;

Result:
3   Load jobs
800 Inserts

Does anyone have an idea where we can find the quota problem that we are currently facing?

Detail error:

{
  "reason": "quotaExceeded",
  "location": "load_job_per_table.long",
  "debug_info": null,
  "message": "Quota exceeded: Your table exceeded quota for imports or query appends per table. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/troubleshoot-quotas"
}

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 1 2,049
1 REPLY 1

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pedro_curto thanks for your question. Given this related to our recent session on Managing Capacity, Quota, and Stockouts in the Cloud, we addressed the question during the Q&A. You can see the response below, from the Q&A section in our recap post under #5, as well as in the live session replay here (26:31)

"Most likely you’re hitting the “Maximum number of table operations per day,” which is set to 1,500 updates per day, because the message says “imports or query appends per table.” 

I would check the BigQuery quota troubleshooting page - there’s often a query you can run to get more information on this issue or even check Cloud Logging."

Top Labels in this Space