Google Cloud Tasks attemptResponseLog with status "unknown"

In Logs Explorer I can see multiple Cloud Tasks attemptResponseLog with status "unknown". These attempts are never even reaching our endpoint. I have attached a screenshot of a portion of the logs that showcase this issue. Since our endpoint is never reached I am unsure about how to resolve this issue, can anyone offer an explanation/solution to this problem? Is it a known issue? Can we have any impact on this at all? Note that /handle-task is our endpoint for handling tasks, it is only reached the second attemptDispatchLog.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 08.47.30.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JanHebbes,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

You may check the following scenario that may determine why we get the "unknown" status:

• When using Cloud Run service, make sure that the service URL is correct. Reference: Stack Overflow 
  • When using Cloud Functions, make sure that correct IAM permissions/roles have been set. Also, make sure that your source location is also correct. Reference: Deploy a Cloud Function 

If the above steps didn't work or your setup is not listed, please share additional information regarding your setup (minimal, reproducible code), or file a bug through this link so that our Google Cloud engineers could take a look at it. We don't have a specific ETA for this one but you can keep track of its progress once the ticket has been created.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this answer, will look into suggestions and file a bug when appropriate.

Top Labels in this Space