How to stop Network Intelligence Center related SKUs?

Hello everyone,

I found the following two skus on my bill:
(1) Network Intelligence Center Network Analyzer Resource Hours (9BF8-CD36-F9B8)
(2) Network Intelligence Center Topology and Google Cloud Performance Resource Hours (D9AD-28F8-05D8)

But I didn't actively enable related services.
I want to know why these services are enabled, and how to stop using these SKUs and billing.
(I found out that these billings are currently discounted. So I don't actually have to pay for them, But I still want to know how to stop these SKUs)

Thanks for your help!

4 8 2,688
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @JYCHEN ,

The Analyzer and Topology are proactively operating and runs automatically within GCP. There are no documentations how to disable it to avoid charges in the future. However, you can try the following workarounds :

1. Disable Network Management API for the project.
2. If it doesn't work, kindly contact the billing support or team for this matter.

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I'm surprised that it can't be disabled. Although according to the description [1], it seems that there is no charge for this until 2023/10/1.

Does this mean that in the future, even simple VMs will have to pay for these services? The cost of these services is even twice the price of an f1-micro VM!

By the way, is "Analyzer and Topology" a new service? The reason I'm confused is that I haven't seen these SKUs on my bills before November.

Thanks again for your assistance.

---
[1] Network Intelligence Center pricing https://cloud.google.com/network-intelligence-center/pricing#network-topology-pricing-details

I can confirm that NMI is not enabled on my project, but these SKUs are still billed on my project.

The advent of these SKUs appearing coincides with my first use of the "Observability" tab.

FYI the URL for the Observability tab is:

https: //console.cloud.google.com /compute/instancesDetail/zones/us-west1-a/instances/__INSTANCE_NAME__?project=__PROJECT_ID__&tab=monitoring

Hi - These SKUs are 100% discounted, therefore show up. Before the end of the discount period, they would switch to being disabled by default with an option to enable - so that you don't incur any costs without you explicitly enabling the service.

Hope this helps.

These SKUs are not related to the Network Management API.

Hi Does enabling network management APis will begin to incur any costs by default or does it depend on further configurations one make after enabling these APIs. thx !

Is there any new information on how to disable Network Intelligence?

I don't need or want it on my project, and I would like to stop paying for it unnecessarily.

@manasach wrote:

These SKUs are 100% discounted, therefore show up. Before the end of the discount period, they would switch to being disabled by default with an option to enable - so that you don't incur any costs without you explicitly enabling the service.

The answers so far do not seem clear to me. The items "Network Intelligence Center Network Analyzer Resource Hours", "Network Intelligence Center Topology and Google Cloud Performance Resource Hours" and "Network Intelligence Center Internet to Google Cloud Performance Resource Hours" do show up in the "Current Month" report when I group by SKU. There is no "free tier" discount for these. They are paid by my "free credits", so I don't have any "actual cost". Still, this is annoying, as a I don't seem to gain any value from the "Network Intelligence".

Has anyone noticed that it still deducts fees when you have used your card to pay?

Top Labels in this Space