Quotas & Limits - What is the MAX number of Projects we can have?

i1k
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Please help me understand how limits work for Google Projects and Billing Accounts.

As per the documentation, we can create up to 50 projects, and if we reach the limit, we can request more projects. Can we get thousands? How is the actual limit determined? Is there any alternative to using projects for granular control of resources

Can we use multiple billing accounts instead?
If so, what would be the maximum number of billing accounts?

0 5 3,224
5 REPLIES 5

Hello i1k,

Regarding your question if you can create thousands of projects, the answer is Yes. You can request an additional quota for creating projects. Requests on project creation can still be determined through the  service usage and payment history in your account. 

In your second question about other alternatives to using projects for granular control of resources. You can check Resource Manager if it will fit to your needs of controlling resources.

Recommending the creation of one central Cloud Billing account that lives in your Organization. For most customers, adding additional billing accounts creates unneeded extra overhead, making them more difficult to track and manage. And multiple billing accounts might not behave in the way you expect with Committed Use Discounts or might cause issues with any promotional credits.

You may need multiple Cloud Billing accounts if you have any of these requirements:

• You need to split charges for legal or accounting reasons.
  • You need to pay in multiple currencies.

i1k
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

Thank you for the answer. I am also wondering if the request for additional projects is paid or if it somehow affects pricing (the same features will be used in all projects; it's just to scale for more clients).

There will be no additional charges to be paid if you request for additional projects. Charges on your billing account are from the resources used by your projects.

Hi dionv, 

Is there a link to see the Project's quota? I need to create more projects, but I need to show the IT admin that it won't cost more money to the company.

Thanks!

Are there more official documentation from Google regarding project quota?

• Project quota limit (default) - Is it 50 projects or a lot more?
  • Project quota increase request - https://support.google.com/code/contact/project_quota_increase
  • Project automatically created by Google (e.g. sys-*) - look like they are created from Google Sheet or AppSheet automation?
  • Project report - what is the best way to get a list of projects?  I have used this command.
    gcloud projects list --sort-by=projectId --limit=10000
Top Labels in this Space