gcloud auth login fails with Local server timed out

Hi all

my gcloud token expired, so I re-run gcloud auth login. The browser opens, I confirm my account, and give consent: the moment I press the "consent" button, gcloud running on my terminal prints

ERROR: There was a problem with web authentication. Try running again with --no-browser.
ERROR: (gcloud.auth.login) Local server timed out before receiving the redirection request.

and the browser complains it cannot connect to localhost:8585

I'm using Ubuntu Linux, I installed the gcloud and kubectl stuff from apt as per the documentation, I'm up-to-date, and there's no program already using port 8585

Does anybody have suggestions?

federico

Solved Solved
0 1 3,418
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The culprit was a browser extension, HTTPS everywhere, which switched protocol to HTTPS, leaving the port unchanged. This caused the server started by gcloud to crash.

Once I temporarily disabled the extension, and cleared the browsing history, I was able to make it work

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The culprit was a browser extension, HTTPS everywhere, which switched protocol to HTTPS, leaving the port unchanged. This caused the server started by gcloud to crash.

Once I temporarily disabled the extension, and cleared the browsing history, I was able to make it work

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors