Dataform VPC-SC Support

We are looking for information about the Dataform and VPC-SC support release.

Did anyone have information about this?  The last time I heard, it will be released in December 2023 but I haven't seen any update from then.  Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
1 6 194
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @mdideles and @lsolatorio

Dataform VPC-SC support is GA.

Please refer to our public docs for detailed information: https://cloud.google.com/dataform/docs/vpc-service-controls

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @mdideles

Welcome back and thank you for reaching out to our community.

We appreciate your interest with the Dataform and VPC-SC support but sad to say there are no official updates for this yet since December 2023. Make sure to keep track of Dataform and VPC-SC release notes as these resources are sometimes updated without prior notice.

Alternatively, you can submit this as a feature request to our issue tracking system and product feature requests to directly communicate your inquiry and possibly get new about the release timeline. 

Hope this helps.

@lsolatorio thank you.  I will submit a request.

Also, I was trying to access the link to Dataform Open Issues but I am getting access denied.  How can I get access to this link?

Hello @mdideles

I am not actually sure how you can have access to the pool, I tried accessing the page without signing in to my corporate google account and I too have no access to it. I guess you can only access the tickets that you have created.

I took the liberty to look for similar concerns as yours and in one ticket a support says that there are plans to have the "preview" released in February 2024 but no specific date was mentioned. The comment was made January 18, 2024 and there has been no update since.

Hello @mdideles,

Datafrom now supports VPC-SC. Integration is in "Preview" stage at the moment. Relevant documentation is available here.

Hello @mdideles and @lsolatorio

Dataform VPC-SC support is GA.

Please refer to our public docs for detailed information: https://cloud.google.com/dataform/docs/vpc-service-controls

thank you.