No default table is created and no data is exported in bigquery

On my firebase console I have linked my project and did the necessary changes on the app side so that the metrics will be exported to BigQuery. However,. initially no default dataset was created for cloud messaging and crashlytics(for a couple of days it was showing that the "Dataset was not created").

Since, no dataset was created I have created them manually and after that the "Dataset was not created" changed to the particular datasets(firebase_messaging and firebase_crashlytics) that I have created both for cloud messaging and crashlytics.

Although my apps is live for a week with the applied changes, no table is created and consequently no data is exported.

As far as I know both datasets and the tables should be automatically created and the data should be available as soon as the apps send the delivery data. 

I would really appreciated any help or comment regarding the problem as it has been more than a week that no data is displayed in our bigquery console.

0 1 913
1 REPLY 1

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check Firebase and BigQuery Integration: Ensure that you have correctly linked your Firebase project to BigQuery. You can do this by going to the Firebase console, selecting your project, and then going to "Project settings". Under the "Integrations" tab, you should see BigQuery listed. If it's not, you'll need to link it.

2. Check Firebase SDK Setup: Make sure that you have correctly set up the Firebase SDK in your app. This includes initializing Firebase in your app and making sure that you have correctly implemented the necessary Firebase features (like Cloud Messaging and Crashlytics).

3. Check BigQuery Permissions: Ensure that the service account you're using has the necessary permissions to create datasets and tables in BigQuery. You can check this in the Google Cloud Console under "IAM & Admin".

4. Check Data Collection Settings: Make sure that you have enabled data collection for the features you're using. For example, for Crashlytics, you need to enable crashlytics data collection by adding firebase_crashlytics_collection_enabled to your AndroidManifest.xml or Info.plist for Android and iOS respectively.

5. Check Dataset Location: Make sure that the location of your BigQuery dataset matches the location of your Firebase project. Firebase only supports data export to BigQuery datasets in the same location.

6. Check for Errors: Check the Firebase console and Google Cloud Console for any error messages or logs that might indicate what the issue is.