Update tab size in Dataform IDE

Is there a way to adjust the default tab size in the Dataform IDE? In the BigQuery IDE, the default tab size is 2 spaces. This was also previously the default tab size for the Dataform IDE, but it seems to have changed to 4 spaces recently.

I noticed that other features are now present in the Dataform IDE so I believe that the default tab size changed during that update. It could also be possible that we pasted contents from files with different tab sizes and this is what caused the default tab size switch.

We would like to continue using a tab size of 2 spaces, but I haven't been able to find a setting for this or documentation on how to update this. Is there a way to set the default tab size in the Dataform IDE?

Solved Solved
1 2 342
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Dataform IDE doesn't have explicit settings to adjust the default tab size. However, you can usually control the tab size within the IDE by adjusting the settings or preferences of the underlying code editor being used by Dataform. Typically, the editor used for writing SQL in Dataform is based on the Monaco Editor, which powers VS Code.

This configuration might help in enforcing a 2-space tab size. However, please note that not all features or settings might be directly exposed through the Dataform interface. Sometimes, accessing and changing such configurations might require more direct access to the underlying editor settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Dataform IDE doesn't have explicit settings to adjust the default tab size. However, you can usually control the tab size within the IDE by adjusting the settings or preferences of the underlying code editor being used by Dataform. Typically, the editor used for writing SQL in Dataform is based on the Monaco Editor, which powers VS Code.

This configuration might help in enforcing a 2-space tab size. However, please note that not all features or settings might be directly exposed through the Dataform interface. Sometimes, accessing and changing such configurations might require more direct access to the underlying editor settings.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll look into updating the underlying IDE settings.