google busiiness pub sub

Hello 😀

I'm trying to be notified when a new review is added on my Google Business Profile or updated profille

According to the documentation, I have setup the notification but I got nothing when a new review is added.

First of all, I have created a Pub/Sub Topic projects/my-project/topics/business-profile-notifications. and ii have done The account mybusiness-api-pubsub@system.gserviceaccount.com must have at least Publish permissions on the Pub/Sub topic. as per doc

Then, I have created a Push subscription projects/my-project/subscriptions/business-profile-notifications-push attached to the previous created Topic. I have also defined an endpoint:  . This endpoint is listening POST requests

Finally, I have added the service account mybusiness-api-pubsub@system.gserviceaccount.com into IAM with Pub/Sub publishing role.

issuue is i am nott getting updat profile event.

0 5 483
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds like you've followed the steps correctly to set up Google Cloud Pub/Sub for notifications from your Google Business Profile. However, there could be a few reasons why you're not receiving the notifications as expected. Here are a few things you can check:

1. Check the endpoint: Ensure that your endpoint is correctly set up to receive POST requests and that it is publicly accessible. You can test this by manually sending a POST request to the endpoint and see if it's received.

2. Check the subscription: Make sure that the subscription is properly attached to the topic and that it's active. You can check this in the Google Cloud Console.

3. Check the permissions: Double-check that the service account mybusiness-api-pubsub@system.gserviceaccount.com has the correct permissions. It should have at least the Pub/Sub Publisher role.

4. Check the notification settings in Google My Business API: Make sure that you've set up notifications correctly in the Google My Business API. You should have specified the correct Pub/Sub topic when setting up notifications.

5. Check the logs: Google Cloud Pub/Sub provides logs that can help you debug issues. You can check these logs in the Google Cloud Console to see if there are any errors or warnings related to your Pub/Sub topic or subscription.

6. Check the Google My Business API quota: There might be a quota limit on the number of notifications you can receive. If you've reached this limit, you won't receive any more notifications until the quota is reset.

I'm running into the same issue. I've also checked 1-6 and all good.

I can successfully PATCH the notificationsetting resource with the pubsubtopic (projects/next-listing-383417/topics/nextcallpronotifications) I've created in the cloud console.  You can see that the setting is setup correctly based on the GET response for account: 116778888352721138033.  

{

"pubsubTopic": "projects/next-listing-383417/topics/nextcallpronotifications",

"name": "accounts/116778888352721138033/notificationSetting",

"notificationTypes": [

"GOOGLE_UPDATE",

"NEW_REVIEW",

"NEW_QUESTION"

]
}

I cannot get any TOPIC activity by editing business profiles under the 116778888352721138033 account.  Nothing triggers a message including adding a new review and asking a new question...

Given that you've successfully set up the notification settings and verified steps 1-6, yet are still not receiving notifications, there are a few additional aspects to consider:

1. Propagation Delay: Sometimes, changes in cloud configurations, especially in large systems like Google Cloud, may take some time to propagate. If you've recently set up or modified the notification settings, it might be worth waiting a bit longer to see if the notifications start coming through.

2. Message Delivery Issues: There could be issues in the delivery of messages from the Pub/Sub topic to your endpoint. Check the metrics in the Google Cloud Console for the Pub/Sub topic to see if messages are being published but not delivered. This can indicate issues with the Push subscription or the endpoint itself.

3. Endpoint Handling: Ensure that your endpoint is not only receiving the POST requests but also correctly processing them. Sometimes, the endpoint might receive the data but fail to process it due to internal errors or misconfigurations.

4. Google My Business API Behavior: There might be specific behaviors or limitations in the Google My Business API regarding how and when notifications are sent. For instance, certain types of updates or reviews might not trigger a notification immediately or under certain conditions.

5. Check for Filtering or Routing Issues: In your Pub/Sub subscription, ensure there are no filters or configurations that might be inadvertently preventing messages from being sent to your endpoint.

6. Comprehensive Testing: Conduct a comprehensive test, including different types of updates to your business profile, to see if any specific type of update triggers the notification. This can help identify if the issue is with specific notification types.

7. Logging and Debugging: Enhance the logging on your endpoint to capture detailed information about incoming requests. This can help identify if the requests are reaching your endpoint but failing due to internal issues.

Thanks @ms4446 

I can send test messages to my push endpoint just fine. I can see the successful response in the google console from the topic and the successful push/subscription to my endpoint. I've also verified that the code under my endpoint is behaving as expected (new rows added to database).

The only thing that I can think of is around #4/#6 but there is no documentation on what the criteria is for an event to fire based on GOOGLE_UPDATE, NEW_REVIEW or NEW_QUESTION notification settings.  I've already tried adding a legitimate NEW question to one of the profiles and still did not receive a notification...

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi @ivansandoval,

Given that you've successfully tested the push endpoint and verified the behavior of your system, but are still not receiving notifications for GOOGLE_UPDATE, NEW_REVIEW, or NEW_QUESTION, it seems like the issue might be related to how these specific events are triggered in the Google My Business API.

Here are some steps and considerations to help you move forward:

1. Event Trigger Criteria: Since there's a lack of clear documentation on the exact criteria for triggering these events, consider experimenting with different types of updates, reviews, and questions. For example, try varying the content, length, and source of the reviews or questions to see if any specific type triggers the notification.

2. Account Verification and Settings: Ensure that the Google Business Profile account (116778888352721138033) is fully verified and that all settings are configured to allow public interactions like reviews and questions. Sometimes, account-level settings can restrict certain types of activities.

3. Check for Delays in Event Processing: There might be a delay in how Google processes and sends notifications for these events. After making changes to the business profile (like adding a review or question), wait for a reasonable amount of time to see if the notification is delayed

4. Monitor for Incoming Notifications: Continue to monitor your system for any incoming notifications. In some cases, these systems might start working as expected after some time due to backend updates or fixes that are not immediately apparent.

5. Alternative Testing Methods: Consider setting up a different Google Business Profile for testing purposes. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your current profile or a more general issue with the API.

6. Log and Analyze All Activity: Ensure that all activities, including unsuccessful attempts to receive notifications, are logged. Detailed logs can sometimes reveal patterns or issues that are not immediately obvious.