AlloyDB encryption

Hey folks,

I'm on the hunt for some solid advice on AlloyDB encryption. 

I stumbled upon this upcoming webinar by Vaultree and Google Cloud. They're talking about integrating with Google AlloyDB and CloudSQL, and it looks like they'll dive into cloud security and encryption tech.

Has anyone checked out their webinars before? I'm wondering if it's worth tuning in. Or if you've got any tips or resources on AlloyDB encryption, I'm all ears!

1 REPLY 1

Both encryption at rest and encryption in transit are crucial for protecting your sensitive information in Google Cloud AlloyDB. Here are some resources and advice to help you:

Encryption at rest:

1. Default encryption: AlloyDB encrypts data at rest by default using Google-managed keys. This ensures strong protection without needing any additional configuration.

2. CMEK (Customer-Managed Encryption Keys): You can choose to encrypt your data with your own keys stored in Cloud Key Management Service (KMS) instead of Google-managed keys. This provides additional control over access and key management.

Documentation:

Encryption in transit:

1. TLS (Transport Layer Security): AlloyDB enforces TLS 1.3 with 256-bit AES encryption for all communication between your client applications and the database. This ensures secure data transfer.

2. Auth Proxy: You can use the AlloyDB Auth Proxy for additional security on connections. It establishes a secure tunnel using TLS 1.3 and acts as a single point of entry for client applications.

Documentation:

Additional tips:

• Rotate your CMEK keys regularly for enhanced security.
  • Limit access to your database and Cloud KMS to authorized users.
  • Monitor your database activity for suspicious behavior.